2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So could that amp give enough power for that sub? If not what would be a good sub to go with that amp, or what would be a good amp to go with that sub?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Or would you recommend going a set higher and getting one of these?

http://www.etronics.com/p-39682-ken...212C21222E6024253A38363F3A3571373637373237313
dont much care for kenwood amps or subs my self, but thats my opionion, some people say they like to run HOT. that amp, if you look at the features, says over 900w, dont really know if that watts or RMS. plus if you look at the 1 ohm rating it doesnt say anything, just says over. i just think something small like 500 rms you can get away with running your sub at 4 ohms, plus running at a higher ohm level should be easier on your electrical.

that cadence i gave a link to is directly form the factory and comes with a 2 year warrenty, where as if you buy it from an unauthorized dealer like etronics or sonicelectronics or any of those kind of sites they come with a restrictive 1 year warrenty, and sometimes their customer service isnt so great.

*i really need to download ie spell check, lol.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I had a Kenwood 600 watt 2 channel amp powering two Pioneer 200w subs a while ago and that amp sucked... always overheated and cut-out...

it was mounted to the back seat of my Focus hatch so it got plenty of air....:no:

craptastic

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why on earth would you want to run a L5?
I don't know. I have always like them, not sure why. What would you recommend?

I was also thinking a 1 15" alpine type r. Any other suggestions just let me know. I don't have my mind set on anything yet.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i thought you already had it, so i wasnt going to say anything.

a co-worker gave me his 10" L5, i used it for 5 days and ended up giving it to someone else, its in his garage since. also had an 8 inch L7, just to see what the hype was about 8" subs, i had it powered for 10 minutes before i put it in the atic, lol.

i like ther cvr's and cvx's a lot more.

15" type ARH would be loud, but your gonna need a 1000 watta amp if your going that route.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
I don't know. I have always like them, not sure why. What would you recommend?

I was also thinking a 1 15" alpine type r. Any other suggestions just let me know. I don't have my mind set on anything yet.
L5's are junk, imo. They're terrible in terms of SQ, and they don't even get loud enough to qualify is a SPL sub. I wouldn't waste my time.

Some 10" or 12" L7's (I hate these too, btw... I like my music to sound good) at least get loud, but they sound like ass.

What's your total budget for Amp and Sub? Do you also have money saved up for wiring? What kind of music do you listen to? Factory or aftermarket head unit? If aftermarket, which one? What kind of speakers? Amp'd or run off HU?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have about $400 for sub and amp. And about $100 for wiring. I listen to all music except for country. Aftermarket HU, Pioneer AVH-3100DVD. Hertz speakers. Comp in front, and coaxial in rear, running of HU.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
if my stuff got stolen (knock on wood) i would do this:

go over to caraudio.com/forum's classfides and pick up this stuff for cheap

little 4 gau. kit for $30
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407108

800 watt amp for $165
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407014&highlight=alpine

and a Dual 4 RE SE to run at 2 ohms $155 with free shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/RE-AUDIO-SE12D4...s=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
:iagree: That would be a good setup. I've never used Alpine amps, but their head units are quality, so I'd give it a try. KnuKonceptz is great wiring, and a RE 12 SE was going to be one of my recommendations. I've also been pleased with elemental designs, and JL. Although both of those are slightly more expensive than the RE.

Also, you should consider an amp for your components. I don't think the head unit is delivering enough power to make them come to life.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.