Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! i have a trailblazer LT 2004 and i have a rear seat roof dvd player, and i have some control buttons on the steering wheel for the stereo as well. I would like to know if my model has a factory amp, and if it does where ? I'm not sure if my system is BOSS i dont see any boss written any where for sure at least not on the speakers ! Kindly let me know if my car is equipped with an amp.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
21 Posts
If you had Bose* it would say it when you turn it on. And when i got my trailblazer the sun roof was tied in with the sun and sound package. If i remeber correctly the amp would be in the right panel area in the trunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you had Bose* it would say it when you turn it on. And when i got my trailblazer the sun roof was tied in with the sun and sound package. If i remeber correctly the amp would be in the right panel area in the trunk.
Im pretty sure its not BOSS. I went in my trunk and right side there is a small box on the side wall which is empty. On the left side wall there is a very tiny box just for gloves. Thats all i could find in my trunk. Is there any other place ? And if there was i could see it right? Or is it some where under some trip?

Thanks !

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i would argue the difference between boss and bose, but im sure they sound about the same. the amp is behind the panel, you have to remove the panel not the cubby. On your headunit by the time it should say BOSE but not all of them do, then it would have a set of numbers in the glove box. you need use "the search" for what the numbers are cause i dont remember. also the "vents" by the A-pillar, if they have a tweeter in them you probably have BOSE, assuming someone hasnt put in an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks guys for all the answers, but i dont understand some things,
when you say the head unit, are you referring to the cd player unit above the A/c ? And what do you mean by "Panel" ? and i have no clue what is "A-pillar's" ? Any yes when i had one front right speaker changed, just on the side of the speaker there was a tiny separate Tweeter, and the rear speakers had a built in tweeter. So yes there are tweeters in the car, some built in the speaker itself, and some just right beside them. So now the same question, sorry i couldent understand before, So if im looking for the amp, where can i find it ? Is there even one ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts