Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, my outside temp gauge was reading between -26 and 80 so the other day I finally replace the ambient tempature sensor.

It now reads about 20 to 30 degess high, last night was about 50 out and it read 87. I have tried pressing front, rear and mode at the same time with the key on and off and with the engine running and turned off.
I have also disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and it still reads high.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Could be dirt or something else on the sensor. I think the sensor is near the the front on a Trailvoy.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Sounds like either a HVAC module problem or a wiring problem. Check the wiring for shorts and high resistance. If you have to ask what those things are, just take it to the dealer and have them diagnose it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
When was it reading high? Were you moving or stationary? Was the motor on or off?

I have found that it takes a few minutes of driving to have mine read correctly. The heat from the radiator can cause higher readings if you are not moving :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It read high all the time, and I drove it about 2 hours yesterday.

Right after the reset (mode, rear, front) it went up to 112 then slowly dropped to about 87 (was about 50 outside).

The old sensor was stuck on 50. Could the sensor I bought be bad?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I suppose it could be. Did you install the whole thing yourself (sensor, wiring, mirror, etc.) or did you have it from the factory?

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts