Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Vendor
2007 chevy
497 Posts
I purchased an e-fan kit and a 160* thermostat from your website. I installed it last night but my question is, Do i have to change anything from the patch for the 160* stat? :confused:

Hi,

In the last page of the install instructions it tells you to patch the PCM and gives instructions on how to do so. Did you follow those instructions or have us patch the PCM for you? If so you do not have anything else to do.

Thanks

· Registered
saab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

In the last page of the install instructions it tells you to patch the PCM and gives instructions on how to do so. Did you follow those instructions or have us patch the PCM for you? If so you do not have anything else to do.

Thanks
I followed the instructions and did the patch. I was just wondering if anything needs to be adjusted for the 160* thermostat. they are working fine tho, thanks.

· Vendor
2007 chevy
497 Posts
I followed the instructions and did the patch. I was just wondering if anything needs to be adjusted for the 160* thermostat. they are working fine tho, thanks.
As far as the fan settings go, no. Unfortunately GM kinda screwed us on turning the fans on earlier than 192F They hardcoded a limit at 192. We typically sneak a little more timing in with the cooler thermostats as well as some changes to fueling.

Thanks, Glad you like them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.