Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
OK, so I finally got my Vendor status, so this is now officially a GO.

See this thread for specifics, but these are made of 1/4" Aluminum, and are somewhere close to a copy of the stock plastic oil pan/front diff. skid plate, and will mount to your stock holes with your stock bolts (though I provide hardware).

NOTE: this is basically a beefed-up stock skid plate. It is not something that you should be able to land the weight of the entire vehicle on! Even if I made it out of 1" steel plate, the frame is kind of cheesy in that area, so the frame would get damaged instead. What I'm specifically saying is: Don't jump the thing 10' in the air, come down on the skid plate, destroy the skid plate and the oil pan, then expect me to replace either one or both. This is an aftermarket, off-road piece that does not guarantee 100% protection from everything.

Contact me for current prices and ordering. It can either be a BANK FUNDED (NOT Credit card... I'm not giving them 3% of every transaction I do for anything, for ever) Paypal to barton174 AT gmail DOT com, or send a check or money order in the mail. PM me for the address, as this is a publicly viewable forum. Personal checks are fine, as there will be plenty of time for them to clear before shipment.

It will work as follows:
This will be more or less a "group buy" as I really have no idea how many people will pony up for these, and I've seen guys go ahead and order and pay for as many of an item as people say "i'm in" for, then when it comes time to pony up the cash, about 1/3 of the people come through, and the guy loses, literally, thousands of dollars of his own money. I will not do that. You may be able to order them later, but the price will be higher for individual orders, with the same ~4-6 week lead time.

Starting right now, I am taking orders when I get your money. I will stop taking orders on October 15th, a month from now. I know people's pay schedules vary, so I will leave it open for that long. If you have a check in the mail, PM me, so I know to look for it, and so if I don't get it, I can contact you. If you've got extenuating circumstances regarding the order dates, PM me.

After orders are closed, I will put the order into the sheet metal shop, and I should get them in ~3 weeks. I will then post up that they are in, and I will ship them to you, and send you a PM or a message back through PayPal when yours is in the mail.

Things to BE SURE to include in the notes on your Paypal, or a letter with the check.

1. Your SCREEN name
2. Your REAL name
3. Your STREET shipping address (NO P.O. Boxes as I am using Fedex. Let me know if you need me to use UPS for you, though, and there will be a very slight upcharge).
4. The engine in your Trailvoy, 6-cyl or 8-cyl
5. Any notes like "I have a front hitch," "I have a front skid plate," or plain old "I don't want the ramp in the front," etc.

Pictures of actual units below:

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mike Barton

·
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And they have the Roadie-Trail-Tested Seal of Approval

Thanks, Bill!

And yes, I don't know where the actual sheet aluminum comes from, but they are punched, formed, assembled, welded, and shipped in central Indiana!

Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
I didn't follow the other thread, but to do an oil change, you'd have to remove this skid plate, right?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
Thanks... Looks like a good deal for the price in the GB.. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there any drilling or anything required or is it really just lift the truck, turn four bolts?

Sadly I can't get in on the mass order due to timing but would not be opposed to a slightly higher individual price later on. Especially with the Roadie Seal of Approval! :thumbsup:

·
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any drilling or anything required or is it really just lift the truck, turn four bolts?

Sadly I can't get in on the mass order due to timing but would not be opposed to a slightly higher individual price later on. Especially with the Roadie Seal of Approval! :thumbsup:
No drilling at all. If you didn't have a stock skid plate, you may have to run a lubed tap through your stock captive nuts' threads to get any corrosion out, but yes, it uses the stock nuts that area already in the frame.

That's fine, whatever... I completely understand the timing thing, which is why I will be offering them later. The price is inflated later because there are no others to spread the setup cost over, but it is doable.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
442 Posts
Looks great,

Per your instructions, I'll PM you my info for one on my next pay cycle -2 weeks. I have the front bumper with incorporated skid plate, so this should fit perfectly into that area as my skid plate covers the radiator so now i'll have a lot of undercarriage protection.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
is there any thought of a full skidplate that comes all the way forward to the bumper?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i was thinking about trying to get a front skid plate/ hitch combo... you know of anyone thats done this?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
i was thinking about trying to get a front skid plate/ hitch combo... you know of anyone thats done this?
I did, but my bumper was full-up custom. http://forums.trailvoy.co/showthread.php?t=26172

If you mean without a custom bumper, check out the Curt 31055. It's the only aftermarket front 2" receiver out there made for us. I had one, now Mike has it, but it does seriously reduce your approach angle because the bracketry hangs down pretty far. Run a search on 31055 here on trailvoy and you'll see some pictures. It comes out right under your air dam (long gone for me) and you can even put in a little Curt Manufacturing skid shield.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
thanks for the info i'm gonna check it out now... roadie you got some pretty cool stuff... i'm just looking to make mine one of a kind in jersey

·
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Foosh,

As a matter of fact, it was talked about several times in the information thread I pointed to in my first post in this "buy" thread... I have Roadie's old front hitch, and will be making myself a skid plate that runs from the front of the oil pan skid plate to the front hitch. I know a couple others have the front hitch as well, so it will be made available as soon as I get around to it (read: after this GB/sale is over)

Please post back about this in the information thread I linked to in my first post, as I don't want to get this "OIL PAN skid plate sale/GB" thread totally hijacked with designing the next piece of the puzzle that's not even REALLY started yet.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Mike,

Your skidplate could not be coming at a better time! I was doing my semi-weekly underbody inspection and I realized I had broken off the front corner of the stock skidplate oil-change-door. Inside the engine compartment I had a 5" rock rolling around. :eek: It was actually pretty dang close to the front diff actuator we were talking about in that other thread.

Can't wait to receive mine! :woot: Hurry up would ya?! :D

1 - 20 of 336 Posts