Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many posts where people have been "meshin" out their grills with Stainless Steel and even Galvanized Steel Mesh Gutter Gaurd. I really like the look but I can't seem to find any stainless and I really dont want to use galvanized because overtime it will turn a nasty white. The other alternative I was thinking about was using Aluminum Mesh, like the stuff you use on a screen door. Are there any problems associated with using Aluminum Mesh? If so some information would be greatly appreciated it before I got started on the project!

Thanks,
-Chris

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
Aluminum can pit and oxidize but it shouldn't be of a concern. Aluminum is fairly soft, it can be bent easy, maybe to easy. it's also easy to polish.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Im thinking about making that universal APC mesh grill that you buy from an auto parts store fit on my TB. A buddy of mine made it fit on his 66' Mustang. There is plenty of it to make it work, its just finding time for me to do it.
But i dont see a problem with it working. Should be fine with aluminum.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
115 Posts
Aluminum can pit and oxidize but it shouldn't be of a concern. Aluminum is fairly soft, it can be bent easy, maybe to easy. it's also easy to polish.
If your worried about it pitting or oxidizing you could always polish it then put clear coat over it to keep it shiny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts