Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, well we here in mich love out white lights. so with that said I had a previous post and got some great feed back I perosnally own a 2005 TB.
In doing more research I checked auto stores and for about 45 bucks I can get a set of Silverstar Ultra's rated at if I remember at 4300?? at least I know it was 4000.

so my question is, is this a good deal? and will it give me a nice clean sharp light out put. I am still worried about buring the harnesses? all right then there it is keep in touch.

And remember were all in this together I'm pulling for ya...:yes::D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
The light output on the Ultra's are good but they just don't compare to HID's. I used to have the Silverstars but they kept burning out on me so I finally bit the bullet and got the HID's. By far one of the best mods I have done to my TB. For a little more than the price of the silverstars you can get some HIDs. I got the 6000k and the light output is just perfect. Not to mention they are very easy to install. :m2:

If you still want to go with the silverstars then don't worry about the harness. Mine didn't burn up and I haven't seen anyone else who has had a problem so you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
:iagree: HID's are the way to go. Silverstars are nice, but they last you a very short time. You can probably get a decent set of HID's for about $10, and last you a lifetime. But if you do go with HID's, get a DRLKiller so the bulbs/ballasts don't get damaged.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
:iagree: HID's are the way to go. Silverstars are nice, but they last you a very short time. You can probably get a decent set of HID's for about $10, and last you a lifetime. But if you do go with HID's, get a DRLKiller so the bulbs/ballasts don't get damaged.
Yeah the DRL killer is def worth the money. I also have the mr. tailight mod too. The mr. taillight mod keeps your lows on when you put your high beams on. I don't really use the highs very much anymore but when I do its crazy bright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts