Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched all the forums but none of them seem to have my problem. My TB is an 07 with the AM/FM CD option. Everything is OEM for now.

Without explanation or reason, all left side speakers have gone silent at the same time. The outage is in all stereo modes; AM, FM and the CD. Using the FADE and BALANCE knobs to isolate speakers shows that they are getting some sort of signal. If you isolate a speaker and crank the volume, you can hear a muffled version of the audio.

I have removed and tested each speaker and they all work. The audio will, sometimes, return and work great until the engine is shut down. The radio has never returned, or dropped out, while driving. Since front and rear always go together it would indicate that the radio is the problem.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
Didn't have your problem with my TB but my GMC Sierra and my wifes Impala had the same issue. I had a spare head unit laying around and just "plugged" it in to test out the system. With the truck it was a bad head and the car a failed amp. Find a junk yard and pull the head unit from another TB. Plug into yours and see if the speakers work. Or you can skip all the hassle and just take your TB to an audio shop and have them install a new head unit and whatever else your little heart desires, or better yet DIY!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts