Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:ok so i am gonna do a little fixxing on my tb. i was looking around for what the best spark plug is. but after reading i couldnt find anything that said , buy this spark plug, so i guess the question is.....what is the spark plug to buy for an 04 tb coming up on 89000 miles. and used for daily driving? and is there anything else i should for a tune up besides the air and fuel filter (already done)?

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
:iagree:I changed mine with the delcos. make sure you check the gap! Some of mine were off...a lot! Look for performance in other upgrades

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
As said before, AC Delco. Also CLEAN the throtle body. Have you done all the fluids?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i had all the fluids done about a year 1/2 ago. and i just had the oil and filter changed but the change oil light s stays on a little longer than others than goes out. also i have no idea where the throttle is. so i guess i got soem reading to do. oh yea, do i have to have the dealer change the plugs, my next door neighbor is a mechanic and he offered to do it for a six pack.

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
268 Posts
I think a 12 pack would be in order

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
Yea i had all the fluids done about a year 1/2 ago. and i just had the oil and filter changed but the change oil light s stays on a little longer than others than goes out. also i have no idea where the throttle is. so i guess i got soem reading to do. oh yea, do i have to have the dealer change the plugs, my next door neighbor is a mechanic and he offered to do it for a six pack.
You don't need the dealer to change the spark plugs. It's a fairly easy job.

As for where the throttle is - just follow the big round hose from the air filter assembly into the engine. The TB is there.
Remove the air filter housing (3 screws with a Phillips head - one kind of hidden) and remove the cover on top of the engine. There are 2 bolts on the passenger side to remove it. They are fairly small - like about a 12 MM size or so (don't quote me - I don't remember the exact size, I'm guessing).

There you are. I believe we have a write up here in the articles sections on how to clean it. Not very hard - just a little time consuming. Don't forget to disconnect one of the battery terminals before starting.

Your change the oil light is an easy fix. You need to get in the vehicle, close the door, turn the key to on but DO NOT start it. Step on the gas pedal 3 times in 5 seconds. Turn the key to off.

Some people have had to do this several times before it works. I usually get it on the first or second try.

UNLESS you have the Driver Information Center. Then all you do is go to the oil life percentage and push the enter button for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the guidance. Man i tell you, this website is full of great stuff. Heck, I would have already blown my truck to pieces if it werent for some of the articles on here. Thanks again. I plan on changing the plugs this weekend, ill let you guys know how it went. wish me luck!

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
Thanks for the guidance. Man i tell you, this website is full of great stuff. Heck, I would have already blown my truck to pieces if it werent for some of the articles on here. Thanks again. I plan on changing the plugs this weekend, ill let you guys know how it went. wish me luck!
I guess you encountered a wee bit of problems ;)

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
AC vs the others

As a service writer at a repair facility I have seen many GM vehicles come in that weren't running right, check engine light is on and it happened shortly after the client changed their own plugs, they tried the cheap way out, or they tried to increase performance, either way, the difference in resistance in the spark plug from OEM caused all their problems, we put stock AC delco platinum, or irridium(depending on application) back in and everything was alright.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
370 Posts
New Denso TT Plugs

Just put 'em in. Waiting to see hwat happens to mileage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry i havent gotten back to the project. I was sent to school by the Army, so its been awhile since i even checked my email. but i should be home soon and as soon as i can get to it ill let you guys know what happens. thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:suicide:hey everyone, sorry its been sometime for me to get the spark plugs done, i had a little trouble and my truck was in pieces, i am trying to get them done this weekend, but one question. is ac delco platinum or the irduimn better? i dont do anything crazy in my truck just haul the kids and go to work, just wondering which to buy.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
I believe the original in my 05 were double platinum (plug number 41-981) but now the recommended plug is the iridium plug.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Spark Plugs for 04 Envoy

If you have the 4.2 6 cyl; use the ac delco 41-103. I replaced mine at 90000 and was the best choice. You will be very happy with these and remember not to gap them; they are set already.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts