Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alarm remote went bad, no doubt about it, its an audiovox , I only have one and i dont want to go through the headache of getting a new one or new alarm. I have no idea if it comes with an audiobox from factory, maybe you guys can confirm if it does or doesnt. All i want to do is disconnect the alarm permanently, Is there any fuse or etc that i can do to bypass the alarm? I disconnected the horns at least it doesnt sound but i cant start it while the alarm is on. Thanks in advance.

By the way is a 04 Inline 6, I'm sorry i posted in the wrong section moderators, its my first post, if you can move to the right section, thanks.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphat Welcome! Can't help you but type in problem in the search funtion and maybe get help there. Any how I'm sure you will get good info!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
More then likely the alarm brain has a fused power lead....remove the fuse to kill the power to the brain and restore the starter wire circuit
Does not come with an audiovox alarm from factory
:iagree:With both of these! The other way you can get it to disengage is to jack up the rear end to more then 32 degrees and the alarm has a mercury switch that is for a tow sensor. The rear end is raised in the air and the brain thinks the vehicle is being towed away and shuts off. BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN DOING THIS!!!! 32 DEGREES IS PRETTY HIGH IN THE AIR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More then likely the alarm brain has a fused power lead....remove the fuse to kill the power to the brain and restore the starter wire circuit
So i see the audiovox is not stock...
Where do you think alarm installers use as a good spot to place that brain? Isnt there supposed to be a second switch somewhere around the dash for manual setup in case the remote goes bad like i have seen in other cars?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:iagree:With both of these! The other way you can get it to disengage is to jack up the rear end to more then 32 degrees and the alarm has a mercury switch that is for a tow sensor. The rear end is raised in the air and the brain thinks the vehicle is being towed away and shuts off. BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN DOING THIS!!!! 32 DEGREES IS PRETTY HIGH IN THE AIR
For sure I will not try that . :laugh:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
So i see the audiovox is not stock...
Where do you think alarm installers use as a good spot to place that brain? Isnt there supposed to be a second switch somewhere around the dash for manual setup in case the remote goes bad like i have seen in other cars?
Under the drivers side of the dash is where I would look first

There might be a valet switch somewhere under there:yes:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Being AudioVox, you may not have one. AudioVox is the biggest junk on the market. Just look on the good side, once the battery finally dies, all your problems will be solved.:crackup:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
lol well my code alarm is still a division of audiovox :crazy::duh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts