Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help/Guidance....... No one seems to know this brand. Getting ready to spend some serious $$$. I'm running a DJM 2/4 and was just going w/ 20's. Then I saw all these TB's on 22's...... They look so much better! Anyone switch from 20's to 22's and how much difference in ride quality? I can get the Akuza 22's for $264.- ea. and of course............Hankook (TrailVoy Fav.) tires for about $160.-Pros-Cons vs. 20's/ 22's ?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Cons are pretty much for both 20's and 22's........its the curbs you gotta watch out for..back to topic....here are some pics.......

22's Driv Royale's wrapped in 265 35 22 last years pics

20's Boss 330's wrapped in 275 40 20 this years pics

there are some guys riding on Akuza's..........I went from 22's to 20's downsize due to the ride quality...........also if you are looking at 22's go for a 40 series tire....I went with the 35 series and looked to skinny on the wheel...........pros are with 22's...they look big and sick.......but the larger the size rim the more prone you are to damageingit....LOL.with the 22's I curbed it within a month on all 3 rims except one.........man I was depressed........anyways with the 20's.....its a smaller rim size but the ride is a hell of alot better.................and I mean in comfort...Good luck and show pics once you get them on!! Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, if I go with the 22's I will run a 40 series tire. The 22's just seem to fill the wheel well better, even though their only slightly more than a 1/2" taller. (Overall wheel/tire combo as compared to the 20's) Why the H*** did GM make a square wheel well opening anyway?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Its how they r-o-l-l:crackup:

·
East Canada Chapter
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
404 Posts
I went from 20's to 22's last summer and I didnt really notice TOO much of a difference in ride quality between the two. I'll be adding a ground force 1.3/3 drop soon im sure that might make a differnce in the quality. Other than that 22's FTW!!!:yes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey I have 22's on my EXT wrapped in 265/35/22 and this is what it looks like:

I have some side profiles on my camera and will upload one for you tomorrow this was from my phone right after they were put on.

In the ride quality department I don't have my truck lowered but I didn't feel much of a difference going from my factory 17's to the 22's, granted I'm swerving around every pot hole I see and parking 2 feet away from curbs but I think it rides great. lol

IMO if your more concerned with ride quality I think you should go with 20's since you already have the drop. With the drop and 22's you will run over a dime and be able to tell if its heads or tails. :m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
28 Posts
Hey I have 22's on my EXT wrapped in 265/35/22 and this is what it looks like:

I have some side profiles on my camera and will upload one for you tomorrow this was from my phone right after they were put on.

In the ride quality department I don't have my truck lowered but I didn't feel much of a difference going from my factory 17's to the 22's, granted I'm swerving around every pot hole I see and parking 2 feet away from curbs but I think it rides great. lol

IMO if your more concerned with ride quality I think you should go with 20's since you already have the drop. With the drop and 22's you will run over a dime and be able to tell if its heads or tails. :m2:

where you get those rims
are they zinik? and how much you pay for them i was looking at the exact same ones for my black 06 TB !!

·
Registered
837 Posts
here is my transformation

20's with no drop

now 20's with a drop

then 24's with a drop

now im back to stock...like was said b4 my 24's latested about 2 years...go with 22's you will be straight

1 - 10 of 10 Posts