Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the air suspension on the rear of 2006 GMC Envoy Denali XL because of leaking air. Settled down to bottom overnight.
Did not know if it was the bags or the pump, so decided to convert. Problem is the new coil springs are vibrating or rattling as I travel down the roads. Very noticeable. Replaced the shock absorbers also. I have an insulator at the top of each, but steel to steel on the bottom. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the noise...….Appreciate any ideas....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Jeez! I can't say that I've ever heard of springs making any noise... theoretically they are 50% passive and 50h active....and I don't think they can set up any frequency by vibrating or being active as you drive on the road. Hmmmm?

I'd look for spots where they hit something.... because I made this same changeover on my and a friend's TB and they are stone silent. I do not remember any spot where they are near anything to rub or hit on it. You put the rubber insulation top where they belong ..... so I'm slightly mystified.

Just slightly! I'll be watching if. You find the cause and it'll go into my IDD NOISES file.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts