Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Colleagues

I am a new member of this nice community of Chevi Trailblazer users - from Warsaw, Poland.
This is my first post on the forum - so be more strechy with your tollerance :thx
If this question is in wrong place - please move it the write place. Thanks in advance.

In the last days i found the P0410 code turning on my check engin light.
I have read a lot info on that on the forum and elsewhere on the net. It is evident now that my air pump dosn't work. But still some stuff is not very clear for me.
I have disconnected the rubber hoses from the air pump and found them with water inside; the water also is inside the air pump; I have disconnected the whole air pump and tried to remove the water. The problem is - that this pumt seems to be impossible to disassemble!
So my main queastion: is it possible to remove water from the air pum? If yes - how to do it? Or - do I have to replace this air pump on the new one?
Of course, I am going to instal new air checking valve too; hoses looks still OK with no leaks;
Another question: how it is possilble to water enter inside the hosess and air pump? Where is the reason of such situation? When I replace the valve and dry out the air pump do I have to expect that the problem come back?

I am lookimg forward to hear from you, any help and suggestions will be appreciated.
Regards for all of you!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
122 Posts
The water is from moisture in the air / exhaust - when the check valve stays open it allows a lot of moisture laden exhaust gas to enter the hoses to and from the pump - a little each day adds up to a lot over time - you can get the water out of the pump by removing the hoses at the pump and letting it drain - the pump only runs for a short time and only when cold / has been sitting overnight - leave the hose off and start when cold to blow water out of the pump - as long as the pump is still working you should be OK just draining and blowing the water out after replacing the check valve. If the water has caused too much rust and damage to the pump it will not spin and you will have to replace the pump - maybe you will get lucky and be able to blow it out.

The pump and check valve also have fuses and circuit breakers - check them also before replacing parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for your help Don...
I have just reconnected my air pump and start the engine but no whine or other evidence of working the pump I heard; fuses checked also.
So I am going to order the new one from rockauto.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I continue the topic:
I have replaced the air pump and the air checking valve; fuses checked; all seems to be well;
The P0410 code disappeared.
What I am still afraid of, is that during cold start I do not hear the noise from working pump; my old pump was quite aloud, something like vacuum cleaner; The new one I do not hear; when I touch the pump by hand, quick after cold start under the vehicle, I can feel that the rotor seems to work, and I clearly feel when it stops after about 20 s;
Is this OK? What about noise from your air pump? Do you hear it well?
Any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
122 Posts
Yes about 20 seconds or so is normal - I can hear mine if I open the driver door on cold start but mine is old and I am actively listening for the noise - If you want to convince yourself that yours is running on cold start just detach the larger hose at the pump before starting - with the hose off you can hear and feel the air being pumped as it blows pretty strong. Sounds like yours is quiter because it is new - a good thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Don...
I will check it without hose.
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Why so damp?

Hi Gang,

On this same subject, I was curious if anyone knows why that air from the check valve might be overly moist/damp in the first place? If I disconnect the hoses under the truck, below the drivers seat and start the car, the incoming air is already very wet... even if the secondary pump (under the car) is in working order, I wouldn't expect that pump to handle such a large amount of fluid. Is there anything that can be done to help this?

Thanks!

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts