Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have the 3" lowering springs from belltech in the back. I'm using the Air Lift # 60743 for the 4Runner. I cut the spacers down to 1/2" thickness. My issue is that the spacers diameter seems a bit large to settle at the bottom of the coil evenly. It's at an angle since the coil tapers at the bottom.

Anyone else have this issue or know a way around it? It changes the ride height in the back of the truck about 1/2" from side to side. I've tried inflating and deflating and drove around for about a week seeing if they would settle in place and it's still the same. I can try and make the outside diameter smaller so they fit in better but would they then fall out?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
17 Posts
Air lift makes a coil bag insert setup for your truck. I had a set with the Ground Force 2" lowering springs and they worked great together. Hope this helps. The part from Airlft is 60779.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
First question that comes to mind is did you route the hose up the top or bottom of the spring? - I ask as the only spacer goes at the end of the bag with the air hose connection.....its used to protect the connection and not the end of the bag. (The normal installation for most of us places the air hose at the top, since this also places the hose out of the way of being caught by anything we may drive over).

Also keep in mind that the 4Runner (96-02) bags are known to fit in the GF 3" drop springs, I'm not positive the Belltech springs have the same dimensions as the GF units....they are configured differently. (The top 3 coils of the GF springs basically touch or nearly touch when sitting still, the Belltech springs actually use all the coils). I would expect them to be close enough to work, so if the bag expands and touches the inside of the coils they're fine. Do you have a picture of what this stinker looks like, it would help us picture it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The spacer is at the bottom of the bag and so is the hose connection. The spring perch has a hole in it that actually worked out perfect and made install really easy instead of trying to fish everything up out of the top. The suspension was cycled and the hoses were out of the way.

I can see what you mean about the GF and belltech coils being different. I think that is my problem. The fact that the belltech uses all the coils.

So technically speaking the spacer is not required correct? The bags fit inside the coils perfectly and since I have the hole in the perch the valve is protected nicely. Do you think it would be ok to just remove the spacer? I think I would still get a decent amount of lift out of the bags even with 1/2" less height with the spacer removed?

I'll try to snag a picture tonight if I can remember.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
My understanding is that the valve should always be pointed up.... Our trucks have a hole along the top where the spring hits the body that would allow for the hose to travel into the spring VERY easily. And I would think the hose is much more out of the way up there as opposed to along the axle where things from the road could hop up and clip the line...

I'd reconsider the valve facing down approach, and MOST DEFINITELY do not run the bags WITHOUT the spacer in there to protect the valve

:m2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts