Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody....
Can anyone help me figure out why do I lose the coldness of the air coming out of the AC when the car is not moving or moving slowly in the traffic.

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
883 Posts
When your idle, the A/C compressor isn't moving as fast as it would be while driving, so it won't cool down as much. Since it's powered by the crankshaft via a belt, it's speed is determined by the RPM's. You could maybe try getting the the system re-charged, but a 2007 shouldn't need it already.

What's it get out there, about 46C?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
The main problem is the amount of air going over the condenser coil in front of the rad. That hot 134A needs to be cooled down prior to it getting to the orface tube and the evap coil in the heating system. The amount of 134A, when at idle or crawling, running through the system has some effect on cooling as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. But does this means that I have to step on the accelerator every time I'm idle, in order to get sufficient cooling. I don't think there's something wrong with my A/C.
I've read on some sites that trail blazers and envoys have some kind of factory defect or weakness in their fan clutch. Is this true????
Moreover I read somewhere that a new more powerful fan clutch is available in the market (no. 25790869) that may solve the problem of the A/C when idling. To what extent is this true????

By the way it may reach here and sometimes exceeds 50C (really hot during this period of the year).

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I had this problem with my 2003 TB and it was a bad fan clutch. Idiot dealer screwed me to service it first. I never noticed the problem with my 06 Envoy Denali but I think it already has the new clutch part. There are tons of threads about this topic.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! I would agree that you have a fan clutch issue as this is a common problem with our vehicles. Just my :m2: Also you may check the front of your radiator to make sure there's no dirt or sand imbeded in it. Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Hollow
This is first writing
I have same problem and I am going to but electrical fan front of condenser is that ok.
From what I've read this is counterproductive in the case of our vehicles. Electric Fan blocks more airflow than it provides. Just make sure your fan clutch is working correctly and you have the new software (post 2003) loaded for fan clutch engagement parameters. HTH c good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all of you, who are trying to help.
But still we, who are suffering from this problem, need to know:

If everything is okay and working normally, concerning our A/C systems, but the problem still persists, will this be because of a weak fan clutch (a factory defect)??? And should we replace it with the new one (no. 25790869)???
To what extent is this true?????

·
Registered
432 Posts
There are many threads on this site about this problem. The search feature is your friend.

There is a GM service bulletin concerning this problem. The fix is to reprogram the computer so the engine fan comes on at low speeds.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The bad fan clutch design and software improvements were all done by 2005. If a 2007 vehicle has a problem it must be elsewhere, and should be looked at FIRST by an AC professional, who will first check the high and low side pressures to see if the R134a charge is proper.

What is the temperature of the receiver/dryer when the AC is operating? That is the aluminum can on the passenger side of the firewall. It should be about 2-5 degrees C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.