Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched for about an hour for this issue, but none found.

My A/C works great, but when I set it to 1 (Lowest Setting), it doesn't work at all.

FUSE? SWITCH? DIRTY CONTACT? SEPERATE BLOWER?

2003 Trailblazer LT 4x4 SWB 4.2

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,298 Posts
Are you referring to the fan speed control? Does heat work on setting 1? If not,
search for "blower motor resistor". Most likely issue is that the resistor pack and/or
the connector to that pack has failed.

Good Luck!

Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fan Speed Control not Working on setting 1

Yes, it's the Fan Speed Control. Thanks. I guess I'll look at my Haynes Manual...Hopefully should come up with an Electrical Diagram to show me where the resisitors are. Any links here, that show a Diagram I would need?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
Mine was like that when I got it. Got a new resistor pack and all was well.

Do you have the auto climate control or the manual sliders? That will decide which part you need.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found this at AutoZone,
Just the Connector, Not the Pack though. I'll keep checking.

For my 2003 Chevrolet Truck Trailblazer 4WD 4.2L SFI DOHC 6cyl :

Dorman/Blower Motor Resistor Connector
Part Number: 645-702
$24.99

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem Solved

After waiting three weekends or so, I installed the Pack and all is well. Took me 4 trips to AutoZone, due to the Shipping not shipping and the Guy onn the phone telling me they had it, but they didn't. "It says here on the Computer we have one in stock". I even asked them to physically check, and they said "Yup, it's here". Needless to say, they didn't check, but did the same thing the guy before them did...checked the computer.

Anyway...It wasn't as hard to install as some have said. Had it installed after 20min with little effort.

THANKS TRAILVOY MEMBERS FOR MAKING IT AS PAINLESS AS POSSIBLE!
:grouphug:
:thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same Issue

After reading these posts I will replace the blower resistor pack on my TB before looking further. The problem is no fan on 1-3 and fan works on 4&5. Will get one from Autozone since the one near me has one in storel. :tiphat

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
130 Posts
I now have levels 1-4 out and only 5 works some of the time.

Has anyone else's been intermittent? My radio speakers don't work sometimes when the AC is not working?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts