Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Saab 9-7x 4.2i

We started noticing the issue on a road trip where we were driving 10 hrs/day. It's likely the issue was occurring before that but we didn't notice because it only got driven 10-15 minutes at a time.

When we first started driving the A/C was strong and cold. The further we drove the less air flow was coming from the vents and the warmer the air was. As the air flow decreased we could hear lots of fan noise coming from the defrost vent area, but no air was coming out of the defrost vents. Eventually no air was coming from any vent, but the fan noise was very loud from the defrost vents. Restarting the car helped a bit but quickly the problem returned. After 2 days of driving like that, I found a tip online to disconnect the battery and pull all the HVAC fuses then replace them and connect the battery. After that it was like magic. IT WORKED. Then a few hours later the problem returned. It went back to no air flow and the flow that was there was warm. Restarting the car did restore the air mostly, but then very quickly went back to what it was doing before.

This occurs with both fresh and recirculated air.

It should be noted that the rear air vents are controlled separately and that the air flow there it completely normal, however as the air up front warms, so does the air in the back. So it just blows strong, hot air in the back.

I've got a week to work on this before I have to drive 2k more miles. I'd preferably like to have A/C for that trip.
:thx

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
70 Posts
Sounds like your system is low on Freon and it is freezing up and restricting the airflow. Service the system or get it serviced.

Gene:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts