Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 TB EXT 4x4. Does anyone know the cause of the Air conditioner directional switch problem? I can not change from the window deffoger to send air to the front seat or anywhere else. It doesn't seem to function no mater how it is turned. Is it the same control module issue or is the switch and connectors the problem?:crazy:
The Air blower does change speed.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,513 Posts
Thanks, welcome to the site.

The most likely suspect, is a faulty mode switch.

There are electric stepper style motors that move the air direction doors. A lot of us have experienced that problem.

Some times they get out of sync, other times, they need to be replaced.

A quick fix might be as simple as disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes (especially, if the battery was recently disconnected). If it does not fix it the 1st time, move the controls and try again. I had to try 3 times before mine worked correctly.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I have recently disconnected the battery. I will try that again. I'm about to rebuild my instrument cluster and want to get as much info on this as I have to pull the dash anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.