Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
...Is there a connection between the battery being disconnected and my A/C not working correctly? ...
Yes. A battery swap or total discharge will triggegr a recalibration of the HVAC system electrical actuators when the ignition first gets turned on. Search for "temp actuator" or "mode actuator" and do some reading. You might try a system reset by pulling a fuse (documented in those threads you will find), but due to a GM design error, many of the actuators are simply too weak to survive the recalibration.

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
8 Posts
Clarification on AC Issues

New to the forum and I've researched and read a lot about AC issues. I just recently started having AC problems on my 2004 GMC Envoy. I think it's related to a restart/battery disconnect. I had some problems with the rear tail gate latch not working correctly and read that disconnecting the battery will restart that system. I did and the tail gate has worked perfectly since then. But shortly after that is when the AC problem started. I have similar issues to other posters, with slight variations. The AC runs great, no problems with the blower motor - I get air out of all the vents. But the air in the vents on the far right/left seem to be weaker than the ones in the middle and in the rear. When I turn the fan up to hits highest setting the blower hums a great deal. It never made that noise before. The AC works hit or miss. Some days it will work with out fault but on other days it will stop working all together. Yesterday I did the fuse reset, none of the fuses were blown - but I will replace the one under the hood just in case because there is no way to tell if it's blown or not. I took this to the dealer and they wanted to charge $1100 to replace the compressor. I took it to another shop and they wanted $1600 and asked me if the vehicle had been in an accident. Well, a year ago some guy backed into me prety fast so I took it to the shop that fixed it. They put it up on the lift and found no damage. So who knows. The fan on the compressor clicks in, the condensor gets super cold. Guage on the high side says AC is charged. Would this be a case where the temp actuator might be an issue? Is there another relay that might be the problem?

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
your a/c door under the dash behind the radio may not be functioning..it flips from upper vents to lower vents..when there is a problem it will only shoot to the floor and defrost. theres a tiny black motor that flips the door from upper to lower that will start to click when it has problems.:)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.