Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members .... first of all sorry for my bad english. I'm coming from Athens (Greece). But think you will understand what question I have.

My air condition is cooling nice. So good so far. The problem I have is that I can't get cooled air out of the main (take a look on the attached picture) outlets. I tried all different settings (I read the manual) from the air condition menu. All other channels are working fine. Same for the back seats. They are working fine. What is the problem ? Would be nice to get more information from you. Here in Greece they are not familiar with Chevy TB's and with 45 degrese right know it's very very uncomfortable without having cool air from the main outlets.

Kind regards.

Mike

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
First things first. Did you check to make sure the little knobs next to each outlet are in the open position and not the closed?

Also use the search. There are alot of threads about different HVAC problems and maybe one of them will answer your question.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Welcome to the site Mike,

Generally, that problem (and it is a common problem) is caused by a faulty mode actuator, or a mode actuator out of sync. Most of the time they are out of sync.

Try this, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, re-connect, turn on the key (don't need to start the truck) and let the actuator try to re-sync. When moving noise stops, try turning the mode knob to the different positions (blower fan on) to see if the vents and all other positions work.

If still not working, try again. I had to do it 3 times before mine synced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@RayVoy & Flyingfisher5

Honestly, I'm very impressed about how quick you came up with possible solutions. Thanks for your information.

@FlyingFisher5

Yes, I checked the little knobs and all are in the open position. That's why I was confused about missing cool fresh air. Thanks, for this heads up.

@RayVoy

First, thx for your welcome. I'm living in Greece and it's my first TB (it's my first US car too). It's very difficult to get support here, because we don't have many TB's here. As a German I had BMW X5 and MB ML 320 but heart a lot of good thinks about the TB in Germany. Therefore I bought one imported TB from US and I think it was a good decision (so far ;-) ).

I will try what you explained to me and hope it will work. I will come back to you to tell you the problem is fixed or not. Thank you very much again.

Kind regards.

Mike

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
will try what you explained to me and hope it will work. I will come back to you to tell you the problem is fixed or not. Thank you very much again.

Kind regards.

Mike
Your very welcome. If the re-sync does not work, we have a thread (with pics) on changing the actuator. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Rayvoy

So far it's not working. But maybe I made mistakes. I disconnected the (-) line from the battery only . Do I have to disconnect both ( +/- ) ? I waited for like 2-3 minutes and connected the (-) - line with the battery again. But I heart no noise of moving or the re-sync of the actuator. Hmmm ... Maybe I made something wrong. As I write the reply I have both line disconnected from the battery. Not 10min are gone. I will try it again. Hope this works now.

Regards.

Mike

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Mike, the - is all you need, did you turn on the key and wait while the actuators reset.

As I said, mine took 3 tries. Each time, I change the position of the knobs and slides before trying again.

Hmm, I see you have the LT. Do you have the digital display, or manual slides?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
the digital diaplay with the LT has the option for an automatic heating/cooling option. this typically cools the cabin to a desired temp, and changes fan speeds etc. on its own. perhaps, if you have this engaged, the main vents are not being used and the cool air is coming out of the defrost vents and the footwell vents? just a thought...

to correct this, dont use the knob on the left to turn on the unti. shut it off entirely, and the use the arrow up/down button to turn it on. this way you can use the other controls to determine the fan speed, temp, and the vents that are being utilized.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
RayVoy, I have the digital display. Why you're asking ? Is that important. You see I'm totally new with this car.

Regards. Mike
I have the manual, and not much experience with the digital.
But, the good news is........there is a reset procedure for the digital units.
Let me see if I can find it.
This one talks a bit about it, but not the detail I was looking for
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=47451&highlight=hvac+reset+procedure

Sorry, I'm not have much luck........ there's about 100 threads on the topic.

Here is the procedure for changing the actuator
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=40235

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphatEither way, welcome to the site and you will be amazed at the amount of info you will find on our great site! Just remember, the search button can be your friend!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
sorry to thread jack..and welcome to the forum!!.

i started to have this same problem since yesterday..my air con/heater works great but the only bad thing i am having is the air is not coming thru the vents even though the knob is on the right position..i tried to move the knob on other ones and the other ones work great except the one thats facing you..would this work also on my trailblazer.???

thanks!..

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
Did you disconnect or change your battery yesterday?

1) Try the reset. It works on both manual and digital controls.

and were is this?..could you show me were?..

2) If that doesn't work, read up on changing the mode actuator.

i tried disconecting the battery yesterday night and atleast i got a little bit of air from the front vents.. but it doesnt come out at the fullest like it used to before. and also now it comes out thru the floor,the windshield like its mixed up..hopefully you understand what i said..
.lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts