Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to Trailvoy as well as the TB. I've been tearing into it (4.2) and I'm wondering :confused: Can anyone tell me why my 07 has a hole in the intake (after the filter) which appears to be connected to a sealed chamber in the air box? There's no way that it can draw air through it. My guess is that it sorta preheats the incoming air which seems counter productive. I'm tempted to pack the thing with ice (in a container) and see what happens :undecided I know that a cai is the way to go but I'm all about low buck alternatives and I'm curious as to what this chamber does/doesn't do for me. Thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
i think it has something to do with silencing the intake noise. i had a chrysler 300m and when i took the side box off and sealed it, it made it sound a little "throatier" . sounded really good along with dual exhaust. may be different with the TB, but im pretty sure its just to quiet the intake. someone else will chime in if im wrong... hopefully

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
see if yu can post some pics here...not quite too sure where yur talkin about :undecided

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
All it does is silence:iagree::iagree: If you hollow it out with a dremel or something you may get a little more aggressive or an intake note. Pack with ice, you said?:weird: Your engine runs about 190deg. I don't think that would last very long.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
It's just a resonator but, make sure the holes line-up when you replace the filter cover to prevent dust from getting in the engine. If you want to hear the difference, put some duct tape over the hole and go for a drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts