Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 2 weeks my air bag light has been on. It just popped on out of nowhere. Is their a way to check if a sensor is shot or to at least diagnose the problem. Can this be decoded by going to autozone and having them run a diagnostic test?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No. Typically only a dealer or highly trained mechanic with a tech tool can talk to the airbag control module and find out which of the many sensors has a problem. IIRC. I may be wrong. Call some independent mechanics, since they're the ones that will have to have the tech tool.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I would also check the plugs under the front 2 seats. One of them might of came loose and is sending an error to the computer.:m2:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
I agree with both. I had the problem as well. It was after I took my seats out so I just rechecked the connections and found the problem that way. But there are other airbags, and if you go poking around it could end up hurting a little bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will probably end up taking it to a mechanic or a dealer. I did read up that their was a recall on 06 tb's for air bags. I brought this to the attention of a dealer and they had said based on my vin number, my vehicle was not affected. I reallt don't feel like dropping money on this, especially since the vehicle is 6 months out of warranty. Any idea of how much this will cost if it is a sensor of some sort?

And I double checked under the seats and everything was connected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.