Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question for all of i was in the car with my dad he has a 2005 tb ls and he ran into a road sign and for sum reason the air bag didnt deploy i figured the impact was hard enough for them to deploy but then over the weekend i totaled my 2006 tb ls dead on front impact and the airbags in mine didnt deploy either i was just curious if any of you guys have experienced this as well what could make them not deploy

thanks for help in advance

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just realized i forgot an important piece the 2005 tb airbag light came on a few weeks prior to the accident but we got that fixed before this happend they told us every thing was replaced and fixed and the 2006 tb had a security light on but that came on after installing my sub and amp to the stock radio and yes both these vehicles are used but 2005 was a rental car before we bought it thanks for your help guys thaats an intresting link aswell

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha worring about your coffee first thats great lol thankfully i walk out unscratched according to the guys at the dealership where im getting it fixed said i should be dead but it just freaks me to know that if i didnt have my seatbelt on i would been dead through the window what if i forget to put it on just one time and i crash im dead its just wierd i mean if i totaled my TB and they didnt deploy on a dead on frontal impact how much does it take for one of these things to deploy:coffee

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lets just say it pushed my bumper and radiator into the engine right onto wear the belt is and twiztid my whole frame

thanks for all your guys comments and the links

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with that being said (2 days later) is it a possibilty that the airbag might go off randomly when i get my car back roughly 2 weeks if all im getting fixed is body damage to get it drivable no cosmetic repair nothing inside just drivable

THanks for the replys guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts