Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know whats the best Agm battery for 02 trailblazer LS when I purchased my truck i purchased a red top optima in 2009 and I'm in need of a new one but haven't read much good about current optima batteries so are they now junk?if so whats the best AGM available now ?i intended on going with the yellow top because of stereo but not sure now.if the optimas are still good would the 34/78 yellow top work for my truck ?sorry trying to include as much info and questions in initial post as I can think of. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
I too have seen a lot of problems from Optima of late (both of my sons work in 4x4 industry and they are seeing a LOT of fail).

Might want to try the Exide FP-AGM78. 770CCA in a size that fits the TB platform. They also have an industrial AGM battery with 880 CCA PL-AGM78.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will check that one out.i haven't read really any good comments about the optimas. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
The Exide version is available on Amazon.com if you cannot find it locally. Price is comparable to Optima.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Exide version is available on Amazon.com if you cannot find it locally. Price is comparable to Optima.

Thanks so much for all the help and also for going out of your way to find where to buy.really appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts