Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I managed to get a 65' long crack in my windshield.

The stealer wants $310 to put in the regular windshield or $670 to put in the one with sound absorption (which was an '06+ SS feature).

The aftermarket guys only have one part number ...and based on the $220 price, I'm guessing it's the cheap one.

What do you guys think? My brother says it's probably marketing BS and it's the same windshield. Is it actually the same?

I wouldn't be concered if not for the fact I have a bluetooth kit installed and do many conference calls from the road.

What do you guys think? Worth the extra cash? Is there actually a difference?

Thanks in advance,

Gord

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
I just got an aftermarket windshield. Try Glass.net first. I did and it led to me GlassOne.com. GlassOne came out the next day and did the windshield (no rain sensor, just the middle visor option as that's what my OEM windshield had). Cost was $324.00. GlassOne's customer service was excelent and their warranty is pretty good. I had to pay out of pocket since I don't have comprehensive insurance.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Check with your insurance company.... If you have Full Coverage, you very well might have glass coverage also.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
55 Posts
I just had an aftermarket winshield put on my TBSS with the rain sensor and tint for $310. I can not tell the difference.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunatly I took windshield coverage off my policy a few years ago when my broker told me it was a waste of money (she's right, saved me ~$400/yr for the last 5 years). Given the savings I don't mind paying cash for the windshield though.

Thanks for the input so far, I'll probably give it a day or two and see how many people vote each way and then decide.

I haven't seen or heard of Glass One up here (Canada) but Star Auto glass can do this for $220, so that's cheap enough for me (assuming I follow the popular vote and get the cheap one).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts