Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Trailblazer and about 3-4 weeks ago I installed a brand new Pioneer FH-X700BT head unit with a GMOS-1 wiring harness. Everything was in working order and sounding great.

I was recently having some fluctuation in my RPMs from a cold start so I thought it would be helpful to clean my throttle body. After doing this and reconnecting my battery my Pioneer won't even turn on. I thought it was the head unit itself so I exchanged it for a new one. The new one also does not work. In an attempt to narrow down where the problem was I dug up the stock radio and plugged that in...worked just fine.

Is it possible that the problem is somewhere in the GMOS-1? I've checked every fuse under the hood and under the backseat that I thought could possibly affect the radio and everything seems fine. Driving to and from work every day is 4 hours and the silence is driving me nuts:bonk::duh:!

Thanks in advance for any help/response.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
28 Posts
Best way to check the head unit is to go straight to the battery. Connect your power/acc and ground... if your head unit comes on, then it probably is your GMOS.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
28 Posts
No worries....

You can also, if you have the cheap test light, plug all the connector together, turn to acc or on, and just probe the power/acc wires on the harness to see if you are getting anything...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I tested the head unit as you suggested and it came on just fine. Replaced the GMOS and rewired everything and its working like a charm. I'm guessing I had a faulty GMOS. But at least the problem is solved and there's no more silent 2 hour drives.

Thanks for the help @jpinoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts