Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just took the envoy in for inspection and it failed. It failed for play in the passenger side outer tie rod, and an “exhaust leak from top of muffler flange before muffler.” I will be fixing the issues myself to save a couple bucks. I was looking for tie rods and I don’t know if I should get oem, moog, Detroit axle or anything else? I’m just looking for recommendations/ advice so I can get a sticker for this rig. Also should I replace inner tie rod since I’m in there, on both sides ? Or just fix what is broken and go from there. For the “exhaust leak from top of muffler flange before muffler” does anyone know if it’s fixable? I haven’t looked under there yet?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, just took the envoy in for inspection and it failed. It failed for play in the passenger side outer tie rod, and an “exhaust leak from top of muffler flange before muffler.” I will be fixing the issues myself to save a couple bucks. I was looking for tie rods and I don’t know if I should get oem, moog, Detroit axle or anything else? I’m just looking for recommendations/ advice so I can get a sticker for this rig. Also should I replace inner tie rod since I’m in there, on both sides ? Or just fix what is broken and go from there. For the “exhaust leak from top of muffler flange before muffler” does anyone know if it’s fixable? I haven’t looked under there yet?
Thanks
[/QUOT
Thanks

Go with Mogg I have had great luck with them and to bad you don’t live in VA I could help with your inspection problem 😀

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,112 Posts
If you go with ACDelco make sure it is the OEM ACDelco (blue label) part and not the ACDelco Professional (or gold label) part. From what I have read on other forums, ACDelco Professional is one step above generic or white box parts.

As far as Moog goes, I have always had good luck with Moog parts, although others say they are not the parts they used to be. In my opinion, the Moog parts I have purchased were better than OEM parts.

Reactions: Envoy_08

·
Registered
70 Posts
Moog in my experience on this truck is better. If you got the bucks I would upgrade front and rear shocks to bilsteins, the rest of the front suspension to moog. And swap out the rear sway bar for a hotchkis 2272. That's my current set up and it's amazing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moog in my experience on this truck is better. If you got the bucks I would upgrade front and rear shocks to bilsteins, the rest of the front suspension to moog. And swap out the rear sway bar for a hotchkis 2272. That's my current set up and it's amazing.
I will do all that eventually but as of now the truck is pretty smooth overall maybe next year if it is necessary, as for the tie rods I went with moog and it feels great. I also like that they have grease fittings on the tie rods. The next pet I am going to need is an axle since the boots ripped any recommendations I couldn’t find and moog or oem. I have had bad axle experiences wit both autozone and advanced for my other vehicle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will do all that eventually but as of now the truck is pretty smooth overall maybe next year if it is necessary, as for the tie rods I went with moog and it feels great. I also like that they have grease fittings on the tie rods. The next pet I am going to need is an axle since the boots ripped any recommendations I couldn’t find and moog or oem. I have had bad axle experiences wit both autozone and advanced for my other vehicle.
Cardone from rockauto.com no issues with mine. But to be fair I only use 4x4 10 days out of the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts