Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trailblazer owners beware!!!
This recall may not list your VIN number but if you have aftermarket leather seats and a passenger side airbag sensor your passenger may be in grave danger! Simple put if GM put leather in your vehicle prior to leaving the assembly line they have notified you and more than likely re purchased it from you. BUT if your leather was put in after the vehicle reached the dealership you never received the notice of the safety concerns please read the recall and pay close attention to the part where they say NO aftermarket leather is compatible with the airbag sensor. I even asked if they had leather that would work now GM said no still an issue with the passenger side airbag sensor. I am fighting with the dealer now to get the cloth put back in to mine and to receive a refund for what I paid to get the leather upgrade. It seems GM was concerned enough to buy back over 700 vehicles with this sensor malfunction possibility but the dealers did not even notify the customers that had aftermarket leather installed when they purchased it. We bought our 2006 in Sept of 06 and the recall was issued october of 06 one month later. The owner of the dealership stated to me you asked for the leather upgrade why would I agree to put back the cloth seats and refund the leather upgrade costs? I said sounds cheaper than resolving it the way GM owned up the did a manditory buy back or would issue you a salvage title to get released from the liability seems serious enough to me dont you think? what do you all think?? Sincerely Mach2Liquid

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Trailblazer owners beware!!!
This recall may not list your VIN number but if you have aftermarket leather seats and a passenger side airbag sensor your passenger may be in grave danger! Simple put if GM put leather in your vehicle prior to leaving the assembly line they have notified you and more than likely re purchased it from you. BUT if your leather was put in after the vehicle reached the dealership you never received the notice of the safety concerns please read the recall and pay close attention to the part where they say NO aftermarket leather is compatible with the airbag sensor. I even asked if they had leather that would work now GM said no still an issue with the passenger side airbag sensor. I am fighting with the dealer now to get the cloth put back in to mine and to receive a refund for what I paid to get the leather upgrade. It seems GM was concerned enough to buy back over 700 vehicles with this sensor malfunction possibility but the dealers did not even notify the customers that had aftermarket leather installed when they purchased it. We bought our 2006 in Sept of 06 and the recall was issued october of 06 one month later. The owner of the dealership stated to me you asked for the leather upgrade why would I agree to put back the cloth seats and refund the leather upgrade costs? I said sounds cheaper than resolving it the way GM owned up the did a manditory buy back or would issue you a salvage title to get released from the liability seems serious enough to me dont you think? what do you all think?? Sincerely Mach2Liquid
Thanks for the heads-up and :tiphat Welcome :tiphat .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts