Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my old motor mounts after dealing with the annoying vibration for a couple of months. I purchased some after market mounts(now I know was a terrible idea) that had good reviews. Anyways I put the new mounts on started the envoy up and it idled smooth again so I took it for a little drive and it ran great. When I got home I shut it off and noticed it still shook a little like it was doing with the old mounts anyways a few days went by we drove it around town and to work and the vibration when turning off got a little worse so I had my wife shut it off one time while I watched the motor mounts and the passenger side mount almost looked as if the stud going through the mount unattached from the mount it that’s even possible. The way it shook the actual mount didn’t seem to move but the stud and engine did. Am I crazy or is this the product of not buying ac delco mounts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I changed my old motor mounts after dealing with the annoying vibration for a couple of months. I purchased some after market mounts(now I know was a terrible idea) that had good reviews. Anyways I put the new mounts on started the envoy up and it idled smooth again so I took it for a little drive and it ran great. When I got home I shut it off and noticed it still shook a little like it was doing with the old mounts anyways a few days went by we drove it around town and to work and the vibration when turning off got a little worse so I had my wife shut it off one time while I watched the motor mounts and the passenger side mount almost looked as if the stud going through the mount unattached from the mount it that’s even possible. The way it shook the actual mount didn’t seem to move but the stud and engine did. Am I crazy or is this the product of not buying ac delco mounts?
You get what you pay for but if you must go that route, take some windshield urethane and pump it into the cheap mount as soon as you get them. It will help till you get the money to buy the right mount. Also, don’t put good or new parts in a bad neighborhood, if you just do motor mounts and not the transmission mount, that could be the cause of the premature failure. Remember the transmission mount has as many miles on it as the motor mounts. A little advice is buy the mounts one at a time as budget allows but don’t install them till you have them all.
you would think those “cheap” mounts would last a year. Junk hih

1 - 2 of 2 Posts