Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is my issue i am installing a new CD player but the factory unit has a function that allows me to turn the rear speakers to the passengers watching to a movie and lets me listen to what i want up front will i be able to keep that setup with a new head unit some how?:crazy:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
First...welcome to the site.

Second...fill in your vehicle information.

Third...we need to know what type of head unit you have and what type of factory radio you are replacing.

With this information in place, all of your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
I don't think you will be able to do this with that deck. You may have to take the audio output from the DVD player and run it into an IR transmitter and get some wireless headphones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am attempting the same project. I am looking for the double DIN DVD system so that the front passengers have control over the controls (kids in the back too young) by just connecting the rear system to the output of my new head unit. I talked to some people at crutchfield and they seem to think it wasn't possible with my system (i don't have the bose system if that makes a difference). They did say that the headphones would still work on the dvd and I could still listen to music up front.

I'm still thinking that with a free weekend and some custom wiring, it can be done with a head unit that allows for dual zone. So that's my project over the next few weeks. I'll be sure to post successes/failures/questions along the way!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
If only Andrew was still allowed to post on Trailvoy :worried: :( you would probably already have your answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts