Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any members out there that have knowledge on how to adjust the rear wiper arm to clean/clear window completely. I took advice from other members and payed $20.00 for a FACTORY rear wiper blade. It clears identical to the one I replaced. My wiper only clears the upper most portion of the window. My question is short of replacing the wiper arm with a new 07 style arm, Can I adjust the arm so it "pushes" against the window more. This would help because while the wiper is on I push slightly on the arm while it's in motion and I get a perfect, complete sweep. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
3,344 Posts
Are there any members out there that have knowledge on how to adjust the rear wiper arm to clean/clear window completely. I took advice from other members and payed $20.00 for a FACTORY rear wiper blade. It clears identical to the one I replaced. My wiper only clears the upper most portion of the window. My question is short of replacing the wiper arm with a new 07 style arm, Can I adjust the arm so it "pushes" against the window more. This would help because while the wiper is on I push slightly on the arm while it's in motion and I get a perfect, complete sweep. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
um maybe change out the spring

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
349 Posts
Mine would not clean half the window and would also not seat itself back into the holder when off.

The easy fix was to lubricate the pivot point on the wiper arm, that helped mine stick to the window much better and it seats itself properly.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
161 Posts
Mine would not clean half the window and would also not seat itself back into the holder when off.

The easy fix was to lubricate the pivot point on the wiper arm, that helped mine stick to the window much better and it seats itself properly.
:iagree:

Also, some aftermarket blades will work, some won't. It depends on how they line up with holder.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
340 Posts
bend it like...

While I have never done this to my Envoy blade itself (2007) mine works well, I have bent other wiper blade arms and it work well, what I bend is the arm holding the blade... of course you would want to just bend it slightly at first until you make good contact with the glass :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
211 Posts
I agree- I used PB blaster on the hinge and worked it in until the spring snapped it back easily!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
185 Posts
Instead of trying to fix it, replace it with the 07 style. The earlier ones do not clean evenly or completely. The newer style works great. Best investment I've made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 05 with the same problem. I only have 13k on the suv, if this is a know problem...I'm going to try to get Chevy to replace it for free.

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
My problem has been with my 2002, 2006 Trailblazers and currently 2006 Envoy is that the pivot point on the arms cannot loosen up using every brand of solvent (blaster, WD40, Kroll etc) .
I finally purchased a replacement arm but my problem now is adjusting so it comes to rest in the proper position instead of locking in the rest position. You manually have to physically pull it up out of the come to rest holder.
I temporally solved the problem by adjusting the arm so it comes to rest on the lower portion of the rear window. Problem now is that I cannot open the rear window. There must be a setting point so that it comes to rest properly without the need of using physical force to release it. Once the spring action is working it cleans fine

Peter K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts