Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was there an adjustable exhaust bracket (sealed in plastic) in the back of my SS when I picked it up? Is it needed when and if the exhaust needs to be replaced?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,196 Posts
it should be installed at PDI.It is suppose to be on before truck is driven.Your exhaust can fall off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, it is supposed to be installed by dealer? I wonder why it was overlooked? Will the exhaust really fall off if it is not put on soon?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy
381 Posts
Fishhunter911 said:
Yeh, I'd say get that thing on there pretty quick... The resonator weight probaly 25 to 30 lbs, a lot off unsupported weight back there.
Or cut off that dead weight :thumbsup: and put in a straight pipe.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nordschleife said:
Arrrrrgh back to the dealer

Mike

Why?
Do you have no thumbs?
It takes all of 5 minutes to put the two clips on the frame holes, set the braket in place and screw the bolts in. The most important thing to do is make sure the exhaust is cool. You have to support/ slightly push up the tip and resonator (all of 1-2 inches) to get the hanger and bracket in place.

You will spend an eternity at the dealer with all their BS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uh...Terd,
It is damn cold in Michigan. I may try to crawl under there this weekend if it goes above 40 deg.

I know, I know... quit bitchin' and just do it. :yes:

Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got under there today and discovered that the bracket was already installed by the factory, or dealer.

Anybody need a factory exhaust bracket....real cheap:rotfl:

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts