Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer. I want to put side mirrors with directionals on it, is there a certain part number that I need to use. I had a 2003 and they were just plug and play. I talked to a auto recycler guy who said there was two different options for the part number for the 2002 year model. Is this true and what part do I need?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
476 Posts
Am I correct in that you want to swap out the entire mirror rather than add signals to your existing mirrors?

For 2002 - 03 (and maybe all years) TB, Envoy and Bravada there are at least four part numbers for each side (eight total). -- Manual, power standard, power light sensitive w/o signals, and power light sensitive w/ signals. I cannot see why the # you used for your '03 would not work for your '02.

Power w/ signal Right 15097477
Left 15180277

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
Try this link. I was thinking of going this route. I have ordered headlights for my Jimmy and then LED taillamps (I really like) for the TB from this place. Good pricing. Got the TB in March and was not sure it had heated mirrors, It does. So I have cooled my spending jets for now. I was headed for mirrors with directionals lamps,replacing then one at a time. Plug and play?
http://www.directauto.com/category-exec/category_id/2/search_year/2002/
dag
:)

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
152 Posts
This is a really easy mod. I think it was my first mod on my '02 Envoy. I also wanted the mirrors with the turn signals. I bought a pair on ebay. Took off the oldies, mounted the new ones, and guess what the wiring is already done. I just plugged the connector into the harness and everything worked fine. The oldies have been sitting on the shelf for the last 7 years.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
62 Posts
os its plug and play?

if it is plug and play on the 2004 i will just the new mirrors please letme know i really dont want to deal with cables or such becuase i suck @ it

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
if it is plug and play on the 2004 i will just the new mirrors please letme know i really dont want to deal with cables or such becuase i suck @ it
If you're not up to wiring it yourself just look for mirrors with the same features as your current mirrors. Power, defrost etc. They will be plug and play

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
so i do need to rewire in order to have this function on my mirrors?
not rewire just add wire. My dealership had the correct crimp terminals but had no part number for them :hissy: I also bought a weather pack crimper to do the crimps right. I'm sure you can use a regular crimper or pliers but the slots in the connector aren't that big.

Here's what the terminal looks like

and here is where they go (green is power and yellow ground)

As you can see, on my connector, the bottom row has multiple terminals in it. Before I started the top did not have any. I used a test light to confirm what was what and they matched for both sides of the truck.

I've ordered three different part numbers I found on Mouser.com to see which is the correct terminal to use. Once I get the correct part number I will submit them to possibly get added to the How To article

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Nice work!

But if you don't want to wire, and you do buy new mirrors that have the turn signals, they are plug and play :yes: AND, if you don't have heated mirrors now, and that feature is on the ones you get, that will work too!!! (the rear defrost turn on the mirror defrost too)

Chris

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Nice work!

But if you don't want to wire, and you do buy new mirrors that have the turn signals, they are plug and play :yes: AND, if you don't have heated mirrors now, and that feature is on the ones you get, that will work too!!! (the rear defrost turn on the mirror defrost too)

Chris
it's cause of your awesome How To temp/compass mirror thread with the terminals that I wanted to do this. I added that to my dads new, and 4th, TB. The mirror is on the way but the wiring is done.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
it's cause of your awesome How To temp/compass mirror thread with the terminals that I wanted to do this. I added that to my dads new, and 4th, TB. The mirror is on the way but the wiring is done.
Well thank you :)

That was actually just an organization of many people's writings, plus a fre of my own tips. I just put it together in a nice easy to read package :yes:

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts