Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone be able to answer a few questions for me since I've seen peeps have done this successfully? I've been pouring through the forums, but the puzzle is still scattered. :bonk:

First, I have a base model 07 Trailblazer. Do I need to purchase a cluster that has DIC? Mine cycles through only the ODOM and Trip only. Can I not do some sort of splicing or what not to add the other information to the cluster?

I want to use the steering wheel with controls. I just have a steering wheel w/out controls. I saw on several posts that there are several different Clocksprings. How the heck do I know which one I need? What should I ask/look for?

Is there a good link for pictures on what to do?
Where did you guys get the parts? (Part #'s?)

Can you offer some advice. Many Thanks in advance!
:hail:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Just curious, but why do you want the DIC?

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Would someone be able to answer a few questions for me since I've seen peeps have done this successfully? I've been pouring through the forums, but the puzzle is still scattered. :bonk:

First, I have a base model 07 Trailblazer. Do I need to purchase a cluster that has DIC? Mine cycles through only the ODOM and Trip only. Can I not do some sort of splicing or what not to add the other information to the cluster?

I want to use the steering wheel with controls. I just have a steering wheel w/out controls. I saw on several posts that there are several different Clocksprings. How the heck do I know which one I need? What should I ask/look for?

Is there a good link for pictures on what to do?
Where did you guys get the parts? (Part #'s?)

Can you offer some advice. Many Thanks in advance!
:hail:
You will need a clockspring, steering wheel, and a cluster. It could get pretty expensive.

I don't have the part numbers on hand, I will see if I can find them.

EDIT: Here is an unfinished article that I have not been able to quire the rest of the info and some pics for. It may help out though. Please be sure to take some pics and I can add them to this article, and any info that is missing from the article would be appreciated too!

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=113

·
Registered
2 Posts
well installed the steering wheel and coil spring today. I am not quite sure yet if I am suppose to be running wires or trying to reprogram the IPC. Any word jman on how u got urs to work? It couldnt have been just a plug and play. I have access to tech II and mdi for programing. Let me know Please!!!

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Once the install was complete, did you acquire the functionality of all the steering wheel switches?
I gave up on the radio controls, I don't think my radio is compatible with the steering wheel controls. I ran all of the wires and did what needed to be done and it still doesn't work.

But all of the non-radio buttons are fully functional.

well installed the steering wheel and coil spring today. I am not quite sure yet if I am suppose to be running wires or trying to reprogram the IPC. Any word jman on how u got urs to work? It couldnt have been just a plug and play. I have access to tech II and mdi for programing. Let me know Please!!!
The wires need to go to the back of the cluster. If you don't have the pins to put them into the existing harness, then you will need to solder the wires to the appropriate pins on the cluster as I did.

This article is incomplete, but it has some info including the how the wiring should be connected: http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=113

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for clearing that up Jman. I figured I had to wire just was questionable about it. I can get you pictures of the wiring and how to do that. It will only cover factory quality install though. Let me know where to send you the pictures!

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Thank you for clearing that up Jman. I figured I had to wire just was questionable about it. I can get you pictures of the wiring and how to do that. It will only cover factory quality install though. Let me know where to send you the pictures!
I will send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No. But it is viewable by many scan tools, an Interceptor gauge, or the ScanGaugeII. Maybe others. Just not on the DIC. Run a search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts