Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try to add a push button start to our voys and trails. Its a good idea. think about, GM have not. We could change all that, Holla back

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Seems pointless. I suppose one could move the ignition to a discreet location and wire a push button in. I did it with a Neon way back in the when. but that's because it was easier than fixing it.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here on Trailvoy, we do what we want, so lets see what we can do about it. It sure would be cool,

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Anybody with a remote start has a "push button" start. It bypasses the GM security passlock system. Just take a remote start fob and glue it to the dash. :thumbsup:

Just say bye-bye to the vehicle when the crook sees how you start it sometime. :weird:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
that would be a great steal........:crackup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody with a remote start has a "push button" start. It bypasses the GM security passlock system. Just take a remote start fob and glue it to the dash. :thumbsup:

Just say bye-bye to the vehicle when the crook sees how you start it sometime. :weird:
The only problem with that is remote starts don't let you drive the vehicle without a key. You can start the truck, but once you press the brake pedal it dies if there is no key in the ignition. (That assumes it's installed right of course). Otherwise anyone could break your window when the car was remote started and drive off.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
anyone ever notice that our ignition switch is basically like a push start? just flick it in the start position and the engine will crank/start on its own

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The only problem with that is remote starts don't let you drive the vehicle without a key. You can start the truck, but once you press the brake pedal it dies if there is no key in the ignition. (That assumes it's installed right of course). Otherwise anyone could break your window when the car was remote started and drive off.
I never knew that! Thx!! I wouldn't consider putting one in because the weather here doesn't demand it, and I don't want to take the risk of an aftermarket system being able to fail and leave me stranded 40 miles from pavement. But I always wondered how they solved that security issue. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
At one time you could leave a Chevy's ignition unlocked, remove the key, and start and drive the car without a key. You used the key just to lock or unlock the ignition. If I remember the starter button was on the floorboard above the gas pedal, a pedal with a big spring under it.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
yeah its amazing how every car starts that way

??? no thats not what i meant. i'm not an idiot. other cars you have to hold in in the start position and wait until the engine cranks and starts. our switches you can just flick it to start and it'll crank on its own.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
??? no thats not what i meant. i'm not an idiot. other cars you have to hold in in the start position and wait until the engine cranks and starts. our switches you can just flick it to start and it'll crank on its own.
Joe sarcastic. Sometimes I think he offend himself. Something you have get used to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I never knew that! Thx!! I wouldn't consider putting one in because the weather here doesn't demand it, and I don't want to take the risk of an aftermarket system being able to fail and leave me stranded 40 miles from pavement. But I always wondered how they solved that security issue. :thumbsup:
Wow, haven't been reading this board long, but I never thought I'd teach you anything...:D There are a couple kill switches on a remote start, one is a hood pin switch that won't remote start the engine if the hood is up (or kills it if it's opened). The brake pedal is another, and if you install one on a car with a manual you're supposed to wire a connection that checks to see the car is in neutral. Otherwise if you remote started a manual that was left it gear it could drive off without anyone in the car... This all assumes it's installed right though, I've read stories of chain electronics stores not bothering with one or more of these.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
i know a few vehicles that do that... hell my buddies grand am... if u have it in the off and put it into the on position u can let go and the ignition would turn the key to the run slot and start it self... weirdest thing i ever saw... i never payed attention when he showed me that so i am not sure what he did to do it.. but the key turned past the on to the run and then went back to the on.... :weird:

and as to adding a push button.. unless u add a proximity fob i would not install just a push button... very unsafe...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts