Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had ordered a Borla muffler that arrived this weekend. I went today to have it swapped out. Took about 20 minutes from start to finish at a local shop and cost almost nothing. All I can say is I am VERY HAPPY with my choice. A lot of people have gone with Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc, but I have always been a fan of Borla. I know that this post means nothing without a sound clip or video, but my digital camera does not have sound on the video, so I will have to borrow one from a friend to get a sound clip up. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Sound is deeper than stock and sounds just as quite under normal driving conditions. I had my windows down the whole ride home enjoying the new sound. But under acceleration, there is def a great improvement in sound.. deeper and throatier all the way through. I went with a 3in Borla Pro XS muffler C/O setup. The length of the muffler is 17", so its much smaller than factory, but not as loud as an XR-1 would be. Looking through the muffler, it is a straight through design. I still have the resonator on and have no plans on getting it removed. It is the exact sound I wanted. There is also absolutely NO DRONE whatsoever. Like I said...I will try and get a clip up ASAP, but I encourage all of you debating a Borla muffler swap to do it. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
216 Posts
I would definitely like to hear it if you can get a clip. I'm going to be switching to a different muffler soon, but I'm still undecided as to which one I want to go with. I guess I'm kinda picky on the sound I want, and I don't want ANY drone/resonance.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Borla has always been known for annoying resonance and barbarian sound. Let's hope the TBSS system does not follow the rest of their systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts