Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few people have done this, but there have been no pics that I can find of the harnesses and I haven't pulled my headliner down yet. Can you add the console with Homelink and lights to a 06 TB LS that only has OnStar and Overhead lights (no overhead console?)

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you ever get this changed over? This is EXACTLY what I have and what I want to do...Adding the overhead with homelink...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alright, took a bit to get back to this.

So, for adding just homelink you should be set, just pull the module out of the donor car along with the trim panel. There will be a plug just clipped into the overhead console with an orange, a dark grey, and a brown wire, circled red below.

You unclip this from the console, and plug it into the module with the orange wire on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Now, this is fine for adding one module to a lighted console, but my donor truck was equipped with homelink AND the memo module, so my trim panel had six holes, not three. So what I wound up having to do was to splice in one of the connectors off of the donor harness onto the new vehicles harness. I could have just ignored the memo module since I never use it, in fact the first time I used it was testing it after the splice job, and I've owned the donor vehicle for two years.

Best part was that I didn't even need to reprogram the Homelink, it still opened my garage just fine! The beige Envoy trim panel blends pretty well with the tan Trailblazer trim even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts