Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

My actuator for the defrost has started to click. Not continuously, but for a few seconds when initially setting it to that mode. I'm looking to replace it, as well as the one next to it (3 and 4 in the below pasted image). I looked on RockAuto.com to try and find the ones I'm looking for, and that's where things get messy. I'm not sure what they are actually called and want to make sure I order the right ones.

I found a video on YouTube Academy showing a way to change them without having to remove the entire dash. Just the trim around the bottom of the cluster, the duct that runs behind and the screws for the carpet near the center console. Reach up and in and you're good to go. It's similar to the ones I change in my 2008 Impala, including the lack of room.

Can anyone help me with finding the right name, or at least the right part number? I don't have the EXT model, just the LTZ. I found an image with part numbers, but it's for a 2004 or 2005 and the part numbers are different.

I think I'm safe in saying that recirculation and air inlet are not the ones I'm looking for, as I assume one is for the fresh air/recirculation door. I'd like to stay OEM original, but if a comparable part is available I'm not against saving a few bucks.

Any help would be amazing.

Motor vehicle Font Auto part Engineering Line art

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,998 Posts
You asked, so now you shall receive (at least it's the information I have)

Please see the attached image - part numbers are listed in the image.

Good Luck!

Motor vehicle Font Auto part Parallel Line art

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You asked, so now you shall receive (at least it's the information I have)

Please see the attached image - part numbers are listed in the image.

Good Luck!

View attachment 60112
This is an excellent resource for me. The only thing I see is the part numbers don't come up for the 2002. They may have switched it the next model year, but this will definitely help me with figuring out what names each actuator has.

Thank you. It is very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :(( Now Trailblazer SS (2006) AWD
315 Posts
Can anyone help me with finding the right name, or at least the right part number? I don't have the EXT model, just the LTZ. I found an image with part numbers, but it's for a 2004 or 2005 and the part numbers are different.
Hello MetalMike187, PM me your VIN and I'll look at the parts that are suitable for you.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So if I'm reading this image correctly, the driver side blend door is the same part and number for the defrost actuator? And the passenger side blend door is the same part and number for the recirculate actuator? And the mode actuator is it's own thing?

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
So if I'm reading this image correctly, the driver side blend door is the same part and number for the defrost actuator? And the passenger side blend door is the same part and number for the recirculate actuator? And the mode actuator is it's own thing?
Yes.

• Helpful
Reactions: metalmike187
1 - 10 of 10 Posts