Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
So as I was preparing to pull out, this speeding woman got way too close to me and swiped the bumper, bumper, and grill no longer exist, dented the hood, and made a sizable dent in the bumper bar, is my Envoy repairable?
Everything from the headlights on back is not damaged.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,981 Posts
That's up to you and your insurance company. I hit a muledeer in Colorado a while back. Doing 65 mph. Several trips to the junkyard and back in business.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's up to you and your insurance company. I hit a muledeer in Colorado a while back. Doing 65 mph. Several trips to the junkyard and back in business.

View attachment 59010

View attachment 59011
Hopefully, insurance will do what's right and have my local body shop fix it, can't really afford another used car right now as prices are sky high

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely can be repaired. From the looks of it, a new header panel, grill and bumper cover should have it back together. Looking at $250 give or take for the parts. Then about the same to have bumper cover painted $500 should have ya back normal if you install it all yourself, not hard at all. Since you are on this forum I assume you are able to take on some DIY as long as nothing else is seriously bent installing those 3 parts should be a breeze.. Best of luck to ya, let us know how ya make out..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely can be repaired. From the looks of it, a new header panel, grill and bumper cover should have it back together. Looking at $250 give or take for the parts. Then about the same to have bumper cover painted $500 should have ya back normal if you install it all yourself, not hard at all. Since you are on this forum I assume you are able to take on some DIY as long as nothing else is seriously bent installing those 3 parts should be a breeze.. Best of luck to ya, let us know how ya make out..
That’s what I’m hoping, insurance is thinking about totaling it so we’ll see

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
Most likely the inner bumper metal part is at least bent ... and ANY bend in that part renders it as scrap metal.

It CANNOT BE STRAIGHTENED! Don't even try it. Well ... that may sound crazy, but if you could get it back into shape ... it has been pushed beyond it's original dimension and cannot be trusted again.

It's am integral part of the frame, the doors, the tail lights ... that make a complete package of the safety cage to protect you. Mess with any one part and the vehicle's safety margin is corrupted.

Fortunately ... there are used sources ... just make sure nothing you buy is bent or stressed. This doesn't mean fenders and the hood ... although as a whole package, they all work together.

You'd be amazed at how few actual nuts-n-bolts hold cars together. It's mostly "Insert Tab A into Slot A until it clicks" any more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE-

Insurance is totaling it, body shop estimated 4500 to repair, which neither I nor my parents have, (17) currently got a steal on my grandfathers 09 colorado, this community has been great, its been hard saying goodbye to it.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
Who go cited for the accident?

If it wasn't your fault, get a "loss of vehicle" payout and keep the car.

My Isuzu Amigo has been totaled 3 times and I got paid for loss of vehicle, rent-lease payments substitution until settlement ... which I kept going for a full year, and a cash settlement and I kept the car every time.

You don't need an attorney ... just threaten to sue the driver in Small Claims Court where no-one is allowed to have attorneys, crippling the insurance company from showing up to defend their client.

Have lots of pictures. Judges like pictures.

EDITED to correct spell checker mistakes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How can she drive a car like that? I don`t understand these crazy people who are always in a hurry somewhere at top speeds. How did it end, did you sue her? That's exactly what I would do if I were you. I've been to a car accident lawyer once before, I can recommend a houston car accident lawyer to you as well. You know, it would be a real shame if you didn't get damages. But it's been almost a year since the accident, I really hope you were able to fix things with your car. My close friend was also in a car accident a couple of years later, and after that, he didn't leave the hospital for half a year. It was terrifying…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts