Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.... I own a 2008 Trailblazer LTZ with 61k on it. I recently replaced the throttle body. Now my accelerator pedal has a dead spot the first quarter to half inch when you start to press down on it from a dead stop. Is there a procedure to reprogram the accelerator to the new throttle body?? PLEASE HELP....... Love my truck but not a big fan of this electronic accelerator pedal.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying! I recently replaced the throttle body with a factory replacement. What's your thoughts on the accelerator pedal sensor being at fault?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
289 Posts
The accelerator pedal system is critical enough that it has 2 position sensors on it and if they do not agree with each other the PCM will only operate the engine in reduced power mode. You can only go about 5 or 10 miles an hour in this mode! I would be very surprised if there was some fault with the system and it still operate without getting check engine and reduced power mode lights on the instrument display

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the past couple of weeks I was working on isolating a loss of 5v reference issue, as part of that diagnostic I removed the connector to the throttle body. The issue was a short that was found elsewhere and resolved, but in the process of isolating the issue something changed. As it turned out even though there was no visible damage to the throttle body connector giving a light tug on each individual wire revealed that one of the wires had been broken inside the connector. In my case the check engine and reduced power mode lights were lit, but if a different wire was damaged it may not trip any errors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts