Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2002 Trailblazer and I’m having trouble accelerating. The RPMS do not move when I’m on the gas but it starts and idles fine. I did just return from a 9 hour each way trip. I replaced the radiator, power steering pump and line and yesterday I replaced the exhaust gaskets. It was accelerating fine until I replaced the gasket, after that it accelerated a little but not how I need it. I then got codes for the throttle body and replaced that but now the car won’t accelerate at all and the RPMS don’t move.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,396 Posts
Hello I have a 2002 Trailblazer and I’m having trouble accelerating.
Uh huh --- please go on....

The RPMS do not move when I’m on the gas but it starts and idles fine.
Is the REP light ON?

I did just return from a 9 hour each way trip.
That's nice ---- how is this relevant?

I replaced the radiator, power steering pump and line and yesterday I replaced the exhaust gaskets.
That's exactly what I do when I have acceleration problems --- replace all those parts! ... seems good to me .....

It was accelerating fine until I replaced the gasket, after that it accelerated a little but not how I need it.
Go back and un-do the part where it began to get goofy ..... WHICH gasket is it about which you are talking .... ?

I then got codes for the throttle body and replaced that but now the car won’t accelerate at all and the RPMS don’t move.
What codes? Post them along with the Year - Make - Model - Engine Size - Custom features[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,581 Posts
Diasha00, 2002 TrailBlazers were not built with a 5.3 L V8 engine. They only came with the 4.2 L I6 engine.

And as Ravalli said, what codes are present?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The codes disappeared after I changed the throttle body. The trip part is important because it was the first time I had ever taken it on a road trip. But I figure out the throttle body wire got too hot and melted. Under the hood got really hot because the exhaust gasket was bad which happened on the trip causing the heat to melt some things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
“Diasha00, 2002 TrailBlazers were not built with a 5.3 L V8 engine. They only came with the 4.2 L I6 engine.”

Just asking, what did I say that indicated the engine was a 5.3 L V8?

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,581 Posts
Because you posted this under the 02 - 09 Vortec 5.3L V8 Engine and Drivetrain sub-forum rather than under the 02 - 09 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain one.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,396 Posts
The codes disappeared after I changed the throttle body. The trip part is important because it was the first time I had ever taken it on a road trip. But I figure out the throttle body wire got too hot and melted. Under the hood got really hot because the exhaust gasket was bad which happened on the trip causing the heat to melt some things.
What are the "some things" that got melted under the hood --- I find this all very mystifying.

By nature, throttle bodies don't draw enough current to make the wire get hot - not even to get warm ...

I smell Ratus, ratus and an exhaust leak is far removed from that zone ... just sayin' ....

Toy Terrestrial animal Fawn Snout Stuffed toy

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Hello I have a 2002 Trailblazer and I’m having trouble accelerating. The RPMS do not move when I’m on the gas but it starts and idles fine. I did just return from a 9 hour each way trip. I replaced the radiator, power steering pump and line and yesterday I replaced the exhaust gaskets. It was accelerating fine until I replaced the gasket, after that it accelerated a little but not how I need it. I then got codes for the throttle body and replaced that but now the car won’t accelerate at all and the RPMS don’t move.
Could you elaborate why or how did you make the decision to replace do many parts? Were you having issues with them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts