Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key comes out, but ACC mode stays on kills battery in my 04 TB. I have changed the ignition switch and the cylinder. I had to put a kill switch by battery, the only other thing I can think of is the release pin/button at the base of steering column. Ya know the one ya gotta push to release keys? What is that bugger called? Could that be it, cause I don't have to push that to get key out, never did! Bought her with ignition issues and a parasitic drain, somebody help me, please!

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,644 Posts
You've just lowered the river instead of raising the bridge --- IOW --- you really messed this up ---read on .......

1. NEVER disconnect the battery! NEVER!
2. Read #1 above and commit it to memory - go on to #3 when committed.
3. I have never seen nor used any buttons on the TB ignition switch lock assy. T'aint got one of which I have knowledge.
4. Go back and read #1 again and then go out and remove that battery disconnect switch. Do it!
5. Take the ignition switch out again and let it hang as you remove the plug from it.
This will eliminate the switch as the problem.
.................. it still MAY be calling something in to discharge the battery - but pull it's ability to turn anything ON so you can properly diagnose the real problem.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,644 Posts
PS --- it's a great big possibility that you've gotten the gearset mistimed in the lock-to-switch drive gears.

They need to be carefully timed. BUT --- there's more than that!

I think you bought a lock for a 2004 Chevy Blazer --- it has a button!

Camera accessory Audio equipment Gadget Tool Auto part

THIS is the correct cylinder .....

Tool Auto part Machine Toy Metal

2002 gmc envoy SLT
8 Posts
My key comes out, but ACC mode stays on kills battery in my 04 TB. I have changed the ignition switch and the cylinder. I had to put a kill switch by battery, the only other thing I can think of is the release pin/button at the base of steering column. Ya know the one ya gotta push to release keys? What is that bugger called? Could that be it, cause I don't have to push that to get key out, never did! Bought her with ignition issues and a parasitic drain, somebody help me, please!
Someone probably put your ignition switch in wrong if you've had that replaced cuz if it's off by a notch then when you think that you've taken your key out and it's set to off it's actually on ACC and so it'll drain your battery and all that so I would check your ignition switch it's pretty simple

2002 gmc envoy SLT
8 Posts
I just read your complete post too and I swear whoever it was that put your ignition switch in probably aligned it incorrectly because it's kind of confusing when you line it up if if it was a friend have them fix it if it was a shop they really need to fix it I was able to do mine myself but I had a friend help me how to line it up correctly because it was very unclear even watching videos of how to make sure it was in the correct position so I bet that's your problem hopefully that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts