Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, my Trailblazer 2006 LS throwing hot air from driver side as well as from rear vents also but on other hand the passenger side vents are working good. Also have very less air via driver and rear side. Moreover the position of air throwing is not as per selector switch, means if I select only foot side or under the dash then its not throwing the air under dash or at feet side and air comes thru the wind screen's vents. This all happened once the battery was dead and I try to start vehicle many times and now I noticed this problem. Its seems like the actuator need to calibrate. Could any body help on this.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,112 Posts
It is highly likely that when the battery went dead the HVAC system did a recalibration. A recalibdation puts a lot of stress on the actuators and it is very common for the actuators to break a gear during this recalibration procedure. The gears are plastic and become weak with age.

When there is trouble with the selection of which vent the air comes out from it is my recommendation to replace both the mode door and defrost door actuators. They are located right beside each other on the drivers side down by the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The "Fail Safe" position for the controllers is to send all the airflow to the windshield.

It's a safety thing in that you can always get to see out a defrosted windshield even if you get no creature comfort

That's the way it works. But don't ever disconnect the battery without a KEEP ALIVE MEMORY device to hold the volatile adaptive strategy from leaking out of the magic box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts