Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When using this gauge, what pressure reading do u get when running normally?AC pressure

I have an ongoing problem where when pressure is in the green area, the pressure remains stable but there is nothing cold. The high pressure side by the radiator is pretty hot but the condensor is room temp if not a little warm.

If i add more freon to the high side of the green area, the motor disconnects as the high pressure switch?!?!? trips and the ac stops running.

The compressor doesn't make any funny noises so i wonder if the high pressure safety switch is tripping early.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
258 Posts
The first thing you need to do is to get a real set of AC gauges because the gauge on the cans of R134a are not that accurate. Also, one needs to know what both the low and high side pressures are at the same time in order to begin diagnosing an AC problem.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
262 Posts
When using this gauge, what pressure reading do u get when running normally?AC pressure

I have an ongoing problem where when pressure is in the green area, the pressure remains stable but there is nothing cold. The high pressure side by the radiator is pretty hot but the condensor is room temp if not a little warm.

If i add more freon to the high side of the green area, the motor disconnects as the high pressure switch?!?!? trips and the ac stops running.

The compressor doesn't make any funny noises so i wonder if the high pressure safety switch is tripping early.

Any help is appreciated.
Quick questions. Was it previously working before you hooked up this gauge? What was the pressure before adding any refrigerant?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Adding more freon, it is kinda working now. If i sit at idle the compressor turns on, builds pressure(vacuum) then turns off. When the motor is over 600rpm, the ac is fine. I tried adding a little more freon but it still does the same.
When it really dies or i really feel like finding whats up with it, Ill get a gauge and post what i find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts