Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 Envoy XL SLT suddenly started blowing hot air out of the AC vents on the driver side yesterday. It's actually heated air as from the heater. But the passenger side is blowing ice cold air like its supposed to...... I also have a clicking noise for several seconds in the dash on the drivers side upon start up, but sometimes the click comes from the console in between the driver and passenger seat instead......

The rear air works only occassionally....

Any ideas?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
A classic problem with the driver's temp actuator. Run a search on "temp actuator" and you'll find a dozen recent threads discussing the problem and how to change the actuator if a fuse-pulling reset process fails to fix it.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
My 2002 Envoy XL SLT suddenly started blowing hot air out of the AC vents on the driver side yesterday. It's actually heated air as from the heater. But the passenger side is blowing ice cold air like its supposed to...... I also have a clicking noise for several seconds in the dash on the drivers side upon start up, but sometimes the click comes from the console in between the driver and passenger seat instead......

The rear air works only occassionally....

Any ideas?
Sounds like you may have a problem with the HVAC actuators. We have several threads on this subject.
You could try a reset and see if that helps. Either disconnect the battery or pull the fuse for the HVAC system
Anytime after I have disconnected the battery, I usually turn the fans off before reconnecting the battery. Then I turn the key to on, but do not start engine. Then I wait until the clock is to 12:03 (time goes back to 12:00 when you disconnect the battery).

This has worked for me. If I don't do this, my rear a/c does not blow air out the rear vents.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! my earlier search before I posted, came up with nothing..... but now knowing what terms to put in the search, I now have so many things to check it will take me two weeks to check them all!

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts