Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
How can we test to verify if infact that is the part that is shot?? I have an 04, and I have zero cold air :(

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
How can we test to verify if infact that is the part that is shot?? I have an 04, and I have zero cold air :(
Disconnect the wiring harness from the switch and using a paper clip, jump the 2 wires in the harness. Do this only for a short period of time! If the switch is the problem - the a/c compressor clutch will engage and it will start throwing cold air.

Either that or get a set of gauges - and check your pressures. The low pressure switch usually cuts off the a/c compressor clutch around 25 psi.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
34 Posts
hey guys, i was wondering if someone can help me with my ac prob. i got a 03 gmc envol xl, and today i got in it turned on the ac and i got nothing. no air whatsoever. nothing blowing out of the vents, and when i changed to defrost i got nothing either. i switched to rear ac and the blowers were working but it didnt seem like it was cold air coming out the rear vents. i lifted up the hood and can see condensation on the ac line, and i wanna say that the clutch seems to be clicking every now and again. its almost summer and these leather seats are gonna be a pain to sit in if i have no ac. can someone let me know if this is a prob that they experienced and how was it resolved. oh and i tried checking the fuses under the hood as well as under the rear seat and couldnt find anything blown, but i'm also an ameteur at checking for things with vehicles. so please help asap before i melt. thx in adv!!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
hey guys, i was wondering if someone can help me with my ac prob. i got a 03 gmc envol xl, and today i got in it turned on the ac and i got nothing. no air whatsoever. nothing blowing out of the vents, and when i changed to defrost i got nothing either. i switched to rear ac and the blowers were working but it didnt seem like it was cold air coming out the rear vents. i lifted up the hood and can see condensation on the ac line, and i wanna say that the clutch seems to be clicking every now and again. its almost summer and these leather seats are gonna be a pain to sit in if i have no ac. can someone let me know if this is a prob that they experienced and how was it resolved. oh and i tried checking the fuses under the hood as well as under the rear seat and couldnt find anything blown, but i'm also an ameteur at checking for things with vehicles. so please help asap before i melt. thx in adv!!!
May I suggest that you copy and paste to a new thread, as this one is almost a year old. Or do a search and see what you can read and find out.
PS: Welcome to the forum....

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
2 Posts
Start your truck and turn on the A/C. Let the compressor run for a few minutes. In the upper left-hand corner, (facing the grill) to the right of the Coolant Reservoir, is the Accumulator. Feel the top of it- if the compressor and lines are working correctly, the Accumulator should be MUCH colder than the surrounding air. If it is about the same temperature, you have a blockage in one of the lines, the system is over-charged with refrigerant, or the Condensor (large coil in front of the Radiator) is not getting enough air-flow.

If it is cooler to the touch, then you have a problem with the HVAC control system. If this is the case, turn the HVAC off, (press the off button) turn off the ignition, and disconnect the battery for at least 30 mins. Reconnect the battery and start the truck. DO NOT touch the HVAC controls for at least 5 mins. to allow the actuators to reset themselves.

Also, does the EXT temperature display appear to be accurate?
I have been reading these posts as my 04 Envoy XUV SLT seems to have a similar issue. When first driving the AC blows cold cold cold, then about 15-20 min down the road the AC seems to quit, or just blows hot air. My exterior temps look correct. Sometimes if you turn off the air for 30 min and turn it back on you will get cold AC, but again it is only temporary. This is my first post. I hope it goes through.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Greetings, I'd get bottle of oil charge/freon if it has been a few years since it has been oiled, along with a freon hose with a gauge and check to see if the freon pressure is low. Before hooking the hose adapter to the vehicle I'd open the valve a little and allow the freon/oil charge to flow through the hose which pushes out the air inside so you don't force the air into your a/c system. The gauge will tell you if the freon is low. Add freon until your gauge reads full.
See how that goes for starters. Your vehicle takes the PAG 46 compressor oil charge and 134a freon. Good luck.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts