Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am having a AC issue not completely diffrent than what I have found on here but a little. My air is getting cold, (compressor is engaging) but only blows out of rear vents. The air blows great out the rear vents but none at all from any of the front vents (defrost, upper, lower). I have had the system charged recently, I checked the psi on the low side and seems to be appropriate. At hyw speeds you can feel a little air flow out of the vents but not much. When I turn off the air all together at hyw speed I can feel a burst of air on my feet. I am not sure what else to check. I have read a lot of post about the underdash copontiants but would like to know if this could be something diffrent before I go pulling my dash apart. Thanks so much for looking.

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
38 Posts
Mine did the same thing. You could feel the cold coming through the vents (at 45mph+) but none of the settings worked.

IMO it's the resisor pack. Only four screws total to get it out. Seach for Blower motor resistor pack and you will find the instructions.

It you are an OEM kind of guy I thinks you need AC Delco 15-81095 and will set you back about $30 bucks.

I'm not! Got mine from Autozone for $5.99. :woot:

Also the connector can burn up, that is around $25 if you need it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

I'm definitely an after market kind of chic! I will give that a shot, thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
38 Posts
:duh: by guy I was of course referencing the ambiguous non-gender specific term... yea that's what I meant..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New info

I put a voltage meter to the blower fan and found that the blower fan is getting 12.3 volts with the fan turned on. It stays at 12.3 no matter what fan speed I have it on and goes to 0 when I turn the fan off. Should the voltage remain at 12.3 no matter what fan speed I have it on or should it change? I have the auto air controler not the manual. If it is a constant 12.3 volts at the fan than this should tell me it is the fan motor.... right? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but some people "helping" with this project have made me doubt myself so I thought I would post and see if anyone could help that actually knows what they are talking about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts