Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, The heat is starting to come already here in Tucson, I am going to get a lot of AC questions (my main Internet home is Car Talk, I am increasing my information sources) I did a lot of AC work for both GM and BMW, ASE's, Community College training,I always listen. Now my question.

Should realitive humidity be taken into account when performing a AC performance check? I say absolutely yes for several reasons. A fellow Top 20 Contributor at Car Talk says no,his reasoning is since your check is being done with the system in recirculate once the system reaches equilibrium that the affect of humidity is negligible.

I point out that it takes longer to achieve equilibrium when humidity is high. I feel that humidity is important in making the call as to if the system is performing correctly. Higher humidity equals higher pressures and this affects performance negativitly.

Is there a better section to discuss AC issues in?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The 2004 shop manual I have specifies NOT to use recirculate for the test, and the performance spec chart has humidity ranges for many (not all) of the ambient temp bands.

So purely going by the GM published requirements for the trailvoy platform, humidity is a factor that went into their specs.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
So purely going by the GM published requirements for the trailvoy platform, humidity is a factor that went into their specs.
Ah shoot - what do they know? :rotfl::crackup:

Since I'm not an expert I guess my opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans - or a grain of salt! :D But my first thought was it wouldn't matter one way or another until I read Roadie's post.
I guess we do need to go by the manufacturer's recommendation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts