Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, newbie here. fixing start pulling my hair out on this trailblazer. having ac issues. first had cool air out pass side and slightly warmer air out driver and rear. now , at idle only when ac or heater turned on, from 600 to 300 and quick surge back up. i noticed it does the "stall" when the compressor cycles off. i can only find "clean TB" in this issue in the forums. i have cleaned TB even though it only had a little on it (replaced head late last year)..did not help.. had batt disconn over an hour for relearn.. would the only other choices be freon low (high), compressor clutch going bad, or some dang sensor among the hundreds on here.. by the way, i own a dodge ram daytona, this is my daughters car lol :) would greatly appreciate and input. thank you thank you thank you

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
Frankly, your post is difficult to interpret, so trying to figure out your problem is difficult. May be you can give more concise details.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
300 Posts
X2...
are you working on a "stalling" issue or "no cold" issue. It appears from your post, that cleaning fixed the low idling / stall... right? No cold, check / monitor the low pressure switch. Is your compressor cycling... if so, fast, slow, not at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for the confusion...

THANK YOU FOR THE HONEST REPLIES :thx
lets see if i can get this less confusing:

when daughter brought car to me original complaint was driver side not cooling and passenger side is and it is idling up and down.

after much time spent on here, all i could find on the ac issues is to clean the throttle body. although i had a head put on late last year, i still checked the TB and it was clean (i still went ahead and wiped it down since i had it off tho)

which ever actuator it is that switches from defrost to vents to floor has also been changed (at time head work was done).

as of right now, car runs at perfect idle sitting in yard until you cut on the ac (or heat) then the rpms start to go from 600 to 3-4 and then quickly revs back up to 1000 and and back to 6.. i noticed that when the rpms drop is when the ac cycles off. the engine almost stalls out. the compressor was cycling on off every 5 -6 seconds. it does not seem to have this issue at hway speed until stop or slow down for turn

since it has been doing this, have had no CEL, until yesterday morning lol.. gonna see wat that is today.

i was just wondering since the TB is not the issue, could low freon, high freon cause this issue? or is it more likely ac going out.

again, im sorry for the confusion in the first message and i would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
300 Posts
OK... you should obviously check the low pressure, at the very least. From your description, it would appear that because of the rpm dropping, the compressor is being shut off because of that by the pcm (to conserve HP while things get "adjusted").

Next up, are you saying that cleaning the throttle body made not difference in the response (ie. rpm dropping at idle with AC) or now its worse? Did you allow the PCM to reset by removing appropriate fusing to get it to relearn its mixture / running parameters. Maybe the throttle solenoid / motor is not responding well. Are you able to do any live data monitor to check things like trims, throttle / load values, etc? They might give you some hints.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update...

:woot: had a mobile mechanic come out and check it out for me. we think we found the culprit maybe....

added some freon to ac system gradually. eventually both sides of the dash started cooling. Pressure on the low side stayed around 43 (ambient temp 80). The air from the vents got to 57 degrees from both sides. let car run for little while and checked again, pressure did not change. noticed that i had small air bubbles every now and then coming from the the connection port on dryer and thinking this is where my leak is.

One concern i have, i am sure yall can answer is, now the compressor doesn't cycle at all. Should i be concerned about this??

@BUD -- My throttle body was clean already from replacing the head. i did allow the pcm time to do its thing.. had battery disconnected over an hour or so..

hopefully all i need to do now is have ac system serviced and replace rec dry and we be all good ... :woohoo:

now to work on the front brg or cv axle noise lolololol....

thanks to all yalls input!!! i am sure i will be back on here :)crackup:) for other issues ... love this forum!!!

·
Registered
2003 buick envoy_slt_xuv
1 Posts
There are many online shops that selling the hair wigs of different styles now such as teh European Style Wigs and also other style for people in all over the world and if you are in need of one just get the hair wigs from the top seller online shop I have bought one black wigs and it is of high quality and good design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts