Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. My first post here and boy is this forum a God send!! I have a 2002 Trailblazer. I had issues with my A/C and heater which I found to be related to the throttle body. I fixed that issue only to have the fan blower only to work on speeds 4 and 5. I dealt with that issue until it died completely.
Yesterday I replaced the resistor module and even went the extra mile and replaced the blower moter and it still will not blow no air. When I switch between A/C and Defrost I can feel the engine respond and even the A/C compressor gets cold, I just dont get the fan to come on. Any ideals anyone?? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Ok my man, you tell us what you have for a vehicle (I know you have an 02) and we can tell you how to fix it.

Fill out the vehicle info under User CP (top menu bar), we need the model info to help diagnosis.

BTW, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Alright, I see a LS model, that means the manual HVAC system. Hmmm, I was expecting the auto unit, thinking you had a blown fuse. The auto HVAC has 1 blower fuse, the manual system has 2.
Maybe you blew both fuses :undecided, ok, check # 35 under the hood, and # 44 in the rear (under seat) fuse panel. While your in there, check # 39 and # 36 (it looks like a 6, might be #38). Both are in the rear fuse box.

If they are good, the only other thing, I can think off, would be the wire and plug at the speed control resistor. If the old resistor overheated, the connectors might be burnt. A new wire assembly is available at parts stores.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked the fuses and they are ok. i will check out the wiring harness tomorrow. since i got an ear i just discovered another issue, when i go to turn the ignition i get a weird clicking noise, when i turn the ignition off i get a winding sound that lasts about a second. could that be a faulty ignition switch? btw the battery is good, charge is good, recently replaced alternator. i was just driving the darn thing about 2 hours ago. arrrrgh!!

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I don't think it's the ignition switch, sounds like an ac mode/temp door cycling.
Lots of times, these things get out of sync when the battery has been disconnected. We don't know why, but it is a PITA.

Disconnecting battery again usually fixes it.​

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello to all. im having an issue starting my truck today. it started yesterday after i disconnec / reconnect the neg battery cable. today i did the same thing to no avail. i also heard a pop near the battery. i went to check it out and one of the battery cell caps poped off. it also reeked of sulfuric but no spillage. the battery volts checks out fine, just when i go to turn the ignition i get nothing, all interior lights dim then nothing. help please!!

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Hate to say it, but you probably need a new battery.

The cells might be low on water, toping up (distilled water) and recharging might help, but it needs to be tested.

In and out of your truck last night, disconnecting the battery and other poking around, you must have left something turned on and it drained the battery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey there Ray. good new and bad. u were right about the battery, thank God it was still under warranty so they swapped it out for free. unfortunately the new wire harness did not help. still in the same boat with the fan. im gonna step away, go on vacation for a week before i drive this truck off a cliff.
thanks for all of your help, if you can think of anything else that could be wrong please let me know. ill catch back up next week. cheers!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.